Honored Contributor

Re: Why Do They Rush The Holiday Seasons

@Johnnyeager wrote:
I love the Christmas in July shows.

And I love autumn and harvest shows in August.
I'm not an idiot. None of us are who enjoy these pre-season events.

Maybe people who love the heat and humidity of summer are idiots.

@Johnnyeager  LOL

I don't know why people still express surprise about seasonal items showing up ahead of time.  I wonder exactly what date would be acceptable to put out candy corn.

Not to mention we are heading into the time of year where multiple threads are about to show up about the same issue as though it's something new.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Follow the money. That's basically it.

Honored Contributor

Allows for ample preparation time.

Esteemed Contributor

I just don't understand why people ask this year after year.  It's been done ever since I can remember (A LONG TIME)!!!  

It all boils down to money.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I just don't understand why people ask this year after year.  It's been done ever since I can remember (A LONG TIME)!!!  

It all boils down to money.

Reminiscent of the Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays threads that go on ad infinitum.

Honored Contributor

Before Walmart, Before Amazon....I remember shopping for school clothes in JCP and other Department Stores in August in the 60's/70's (back then school started the day after Labor Day)....and seeing all the coats and sweaters and thinking it's too hot we wont be able to wear that kind of stuff until December---what are they thinking!!!?????  

And seeing Department Stores decorated early....maybe not in July/August, but one in particular right after Halloween.....So early holidays/seasons have been around for a long while!

And with more and more people shopping online, not all retailers offer 1-2 day delivery, so people have to take into account shipping time especially for the holidays.  Remember all the threads on this Forum about gifts not arriving on time for Christmas, and it wasnt restricted to just QVC, the delivery companies (UPS, Fed Ex, USPS) just couldnt handle the volume........And many local stores added to the problem when they didnt stock enough in store, because they thought more people were ordering online!  So now smart Holiday shoppers know-SHOP EARLY!!! And This trend will continue....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I'm the OP and am sorry, I didn't start this thread to stir up any trouble. It's just that we are still in the dog days of August, I don't see why Halloween decorations and candy can't wait to be put out at the beginning of September.

Respected Contributor

I bought candy corn last week. Two bags for $4. I can get behind that!

Halloween is a huge deal now. Getting costumes early is the best thing to do or you'll be stuck with picked over stuff at the last minute, especially if you need a larger size and/or can't sew.

I generally don't shop for Christmas until late October or after Thanksgiving. I don't have a lot of people to buy for so I can postpone for a little longer.

There's so much competition and with stores losing money to Amazon and online, they need to start preparing now to get those early shopper dollars.

It irritates me more when radio stations start playing Christmas music before Black Friday. 😉 I remember when they didn't start until Christmas Eve.
Respected Contributor

Why do holidays if they don't make a person happy?. I just do a little just the two of us. Works better for me , I can't fit it in my budget any longer.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I'm the OP and am sorry, I didn't start this thread to stir up any trouble. It's just that we are still in the dog days of August, I don't see why Halloween decorations and candy can't wait to be put out at the beginning of September.

Well, the Q DID just finish their Christmas in July month.