Honored Contributor

Re: Why Australia, Just, Why?

Austrailia does have more than their share of creepy critters.  I'm glad it's not bad here in PA.  The most dangerous things are all of the deer on the road particularly this time of year.

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn wrote:

Having said that....

Does anyone here check inside their shoes, & socks, before putting their feet inside?

@MakeUpMaidn No I don't and never had to living in the northeast.  However I can remember many years ago when my brother in law's sister told me that during college orentation she was told to do this.  She went to school in Utah.

Honored Contributor

If you made a list of all the deadly critters in the US, odds are most Australians would say, "Thanks, mate. I'll stay here." We've got lots of rattlesnakes, black widow and brown recluse spiders, water moccasins, alligators, Florida panthers, mountain lions, grizzly bears, black bears, scorpions, coyotes, all kinds of sharks, and more. Oddly enough the deadliest animal responsible for the most deaths in the US are deer. They mostly kill people through auto accidents but will occasionally gore or trample someone to death when given the chance. We don't go through life panicked at getting killed by our local wildlife, but wildlife pretty much everywhere is dangerous. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

How does something as big as a python get into the house? Freaky, to say the least!
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@Cats3000   LOL.  Well, my attempt at humor was obviously feeble and didn't translate.

Esteemed Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn   Like porcupines I would guess very carefully. lol

I saw a nature show where hundreds non poisonous snakes came out in the spring.  It showed a giant  ball of snakes......they were mating.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Cats3000   LOL.  Well, my attempt at humor was obviously feeble and didn't translate.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Don't fret.  Several here appreciated it. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@just bee   Thanks.  I'm not bothered, I'm also not giving up retirement to go into stand up comedy.  lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Don't fret.  Several here appreciated it. Heart

Ditto! I always enjoy and laugh at your interesting posts!😁@CrazyKittyLvr2.

Plus it is ironic and funny, when a poster comes along and tells someone to get a life after "babbling" themselves about the post they just read, all the while taking precious time out of their very busy and important life to bash, yes bash another poster's post they read. 

But it's also kind of sad because why would a poster want to portray themselves this way? To get attention? Just a game they think is fun to throw verbal darts? Because "nothing really matters at all?" as the song goes. I will never understand the reasoning behind those kind of posts. Wouldn't it be more rewarding to actually come as a real person and interact with other real people? Maybe no confidence to feel they have anything worthy to contribute?

Ok, I'm done "babbling" myself for now. And today this is my life!😊

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@RoughDraft   Thanks.  Wait, you're supposed to clean behind a microwave?  Kidding.