Esteemed Contributor

Just read a woman in  Australia saw her microwave move. There were 2...........not 1, but 2 carpet pythons behind it...........mating.

Australia, you are a beautiful place and you have given us Hugh Jackman, the Hemsworth brothers, Nicole Kidman and many more talented people.

Why must you have dinner plate size spiders, crocodiles, phythons that get inside houses, 6 ft. birds with talons that can gut a person, and some of the most poisonous snakes and spiders on earth?

Just why?  If I were that woman I be gone.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why Australia, Just, Why?

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Maybe she doesn't have the means or the desire to just "be gone."  The things you mention are native to Australia and people deal with it.

Honored Contributor

not too mention blistering heat worse then Tx.

Hugh Jackman had nose skin cancer.

I wouldn't want to live by water anyway. Dangerous, expensive and a people magnet.

Honored Contributor

At least the pythons had the decency to do "their thing" in private behind the microwave.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624   This is true.  Then again maybe the spot behind the fridge was occupied by a family of giant Handleman spiders.

I swear everything can kill you or induce nightmares.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use to watch this show years ago, where it listed like the 10 deadliest things and their location. It never failed no matter the subject matter, spiders, snakes, etc... Australia, was always on the list.

Nope, Nope, and triple nope. 

I was scheduled to go on vacation there before COVID hit. Shortly before, I was due to leave before everything was cancelled, there were  stories of  snakes coming up through the toilet pipes because of the severe drought for water.

I would never, ever recover from something like that. 

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Just read a woman in  Australia saw her microwave move. There were 2...........not 1, but 2 carpet pythons behind it...........mating.

Australia, you are a beautiful place and you have given us Hugh Jackman, the Hemsworth brothers, Nicole Kidman and many more talented people.

Why must you have dinner plate size spiders, crocodiles, phythons that get inside houses, 6 ft. birds with talons that can gut a person, and some of the most poisonous snakes and spiders on earth?

Just why?  If I were that woman I be gone.

~~~~~~

OH OH!!! @CrazyKittyLvr2 

@MakeUpMaidn *scratches off Australia* as a possible place to relocate to, (despite cute Koala Bears).

Esteemed Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn   Also box jellyfish, centipedes, I think like 60 of the most venomous snakes and spiders on Earth. oh, and for good measure, sharks, great whites, no less.

Couldn't some of them be spread out over the rest of the planet.

Respected Contributor

Sigh.  I'm on the side of the critters, insects, reptiles, etc.  They were there before the humans arrived.  We are taking their territory.  It just saddens me, because of course, humans will find ways to kill and eliminate them all.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@MakeUpMaidn   Also box jellyfish, centipedes, I think like 60 of the most venomous snakes and spiders on Earth. oh, and for good measure, sharks, great whites, no less.

Couldn't some of them be spread out over the rest of the planet.

~~~~~~

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

YIKES!   and    YIKES AGAIN!!        *shiver*

HATE.... HATE... HATE  bugs, & most outdoor critters!

I'm city,  thru & thru.   And...They all SCARE ME!

They live on the "outdoors," & should stay there. 

I live "indoors"  . . . and that's the way it is!