Respected Contributor

Re: Why Am I So Happy That Jill Martin Is Engaged?

@golding76 wrote:

My surprise isn't derived from a dislike of her or the G.I.L.I. line.  It is not a line of fashion that is compatible with my age (in my opinion), but I have not had any great feeling invested in her that I know of.

But when I read that she is newly engaged to an investment banker, I began to grin from ear to ear.  She looks sooo happy, too!  My delight is genuine.

My hope is that she has a loving, tender and enduring marriage.

Best wishes to her! 

Thrilled: The author happily flashed her diamond engagement ring while posing for photos

@golding76 

I never heard of Jill. Never watch LOGO but I'm  happy your happy!😁nice to feel joy!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

I will never in my life feel the need to explain or justify why I am happy for another human being.  I just cannot wrap my head around that. 

Why are you happy?  Because you just are; it's nice seeing nice for someone else.

Honored Contributor

I don’t know....since I don’t know her personally, I’m only happy for her in a detached way... how nice.
Honored Contributor

I don't watch her, but what a cute picture, @golding76.  I was kind of hoping the gray haired guy was the prospective groom (instead of her Dad);  he looks so adorable and happy along with her-- but of course, a father would be!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think spider woman hit on the reason for my unexplainable (to me) joy: 

"... the picture of her beaming and surrounded by family and her fiancee makes me smile.  It is just so uplifting to see someone so happy and in love and it shows in the pictures."

Caareful Shopper hit on it, too. 

My feelings were inchoate, especially since I typically do not watch NBC news in the morning (or any news show in the morning, for that matter) or the G.I.G.L.I. shows.  Have I caught sight of Jill Martin on these shows in the past?  Yes.  I've also caught her with Dennis Basso (although I do not typically watch D.B. shows either). 

It is impossible not to stumble upon her, however, if you do surf the channels and pause now and again.  Which is what I did.  And that is how I received my impression of her.  Watching her several times gave me a general impression.  Nothing more.  

But those photos!  Looking at them brings such joy.  If they do not move you, your nature is different from mine, which is as it should be.  I am I and you are you.  In this world, there are so many types of people, and they are all accommodated.   All of the types are needed.

Trusted Contributor

I'm happy for her too.  She probably was feeling that just maybe it wasn't going to happen for her and then, it actually happened. That is a good reason to be happy for her.  I think she does a wonderful job on QVC and she has gotten a lot of awards for her books, etc.  I think getting married older is better as your career is established and you know what you want and the kind of person you would like to share a life with.  Wish her much happiness.