Honored Contributor

Re: Whose Memory Is Better, Your's or DH?

My memory is terrific. My husband’s, unfortunately, is not. With his Parkinson's, there have been many changes and problems with memory is one of them. It’s heartbreaking.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

My husband remembers what he thinks is important, I write everything down so we don't forget important things, like appointments.

Respected Contributor

LOL!  

Dr. Phil says "women don't forget" and my husband would heartedly agree.  

I remember things like the fact DH left me at the hospital when I was in labor and delivered our first child.  He had a class to attend!  I was alone, no family lived anywhere near us and no one came to help with the new baby.  He could have been with me throughout including in the delivery room. He says he got tired of hearing the nurse tell him 'it won't be long"!  It was a very fast labor.  Also, there were no flowers or so much as a card.  He learned, so with babies 2 and 3 he stayed with me, but still no flowers with baby 2!   I get a kick out of today's mothers and their "push" presents! 

We tend to remember different things, so between the both of us, we have a good memory!

Honored Contributor

Me!  But sometimes I scare myself at the remarkable ability I have the last few years to remember detail, dates, numbers.  I memorize phone numbers, bank card numbers.  It scare me because I think, do I have some weird brain disease that allows me to recall all this info?  Lol

Honored Contributor

your DH is lucky to have him looking out for him! My memory is prob about the same as my DH....but we know it is best if we write things down....since we seem to remember things differently....all appts and bdays, etc. go in the calendar....and I scan it in the morning and before going to bed each night. Since we both have medical issues requiring lots of dr visits and meds to pick up, it's a lot of dates, times to remember
Honored Contributor

No contest.  My memory is better than anyone's that I know.  It's a trap for a ton of useless information.

i also can remember things from my childhood like it happened yesterday.  

Trusted Contributor

What was the question again ????

Only kidding.  I'd say my husbands is.  I would hope so, he's 13 years younger than me.  Just one more great reason to marry a younger guy Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

He is great at remembering the important dates pertaining to kids being born, house stuff and general stuff.

Me not so much -- but I remember lots of stuff from my childhood & things over the years getting married so early,  After both parents died I guess things after this just weren't important enough to remember ...just me I guess☹️. 

Although, I can remember all the things he does (and others) to aggravate me😉🙄

Respected Contributor

so far about the same with us but pen & paper are the best thing ever, I write grocery list, dollar tree list also a list of things that need to be done around the house. Even have a calendar with birthdays & appts too yep old school but works for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

At 81 my memory is going. I see one slipper-glove etc. Where is the mate to them. etc. Husband has been gone 3yrs.