Esteemed Contributor

Whose Memory Is Better, Your's or DH?

Hands down mine is better and DH would agree. His memory is getting worse. I remember all  acct. numbers, pins, financial info etc.  When he was sick I remembered all the dates and times of is procedures and still do.  He asks me when his next port flush is or next CT scan instead of looking a paper in his wallet. I'm quicker. I remember useless info too. Birthday dates of former co-workers from 30 yrs.ago.  Also their kids name even though I never see them. It's an asset and a curse to have a great memory.  You remember the good but sadly also the bad.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Whose Memory Is Better, Your's or DH?

his is incredibly better. mine is so bad. the weird thing is, sometimes, i can remember things from when i was a child, or many many years ago, then can’t remember the more recent years. he knows that, so he’s no longer looking at me funny when i say huh?

Esteemed Contributor

Since I must have a really sick sense of humor, mine is way better because he has died.  Otherwise we might have a tie. Or perhaps I would lose.

Esteemed Contributor

My DH and I always say that I remember the big things he remembers the little things......whatever that means LOL.  I can remember his pretransplant protocol, the chemo drugs he took for 10 years, dates, scripture, that type of thing.  He will say, remember the time so and so did this or we did that.  Often, I don't.  We have been married for close to 41 years.  Between the two of us, we can remember most everything LOL!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Neither one of our memories is stellar.  Hoping one of us remembers the important things.

Honored Contributor

Mine is better. He sure seems to remember things that he says happened in the past that I don't remember. LOL!!!

I will admit I have CRS!!! My doctor started laughing when I told him this one. He said he did not know what CRS was so I started laughing. He finally figured it out.

Honored Contributor

DH has  really good recall with phone numbers... addresses.... names....etc.  Much better than I have ever had my entire life.  As far as say distint memories about our life together back say in the late 1970's and 1980's we both remember  about the same.  I really think we both have good memory recall at this point.  No decline.

Honored Contributor

I'm amazed at how many thread posts assume people are married.

Respected Contributor

Definitely mine and he has always said it has not been to his advantage.

Respected Contributor

Depends on so many factors.  Throughout the earlier years in our marriage I would say his was better, but it was close.  Now his memory is declining a bit because being retired, he doesn't use his brain.  Same goes for me, when working I had to consistently remember so much from past to present it was mind boggling.  That was only 10 years ago and I now wonder just how I did it.

Right now, we are about even.