Super Contributor

Whoopi Just Interviewed Dan Abrams

Whoopi just interviewed Dan Abrams on The View.  She finally said that it looked like Bill Cosby was guilty.  Apparently she didn't realize that he couldn't be prosecuted now or that the statute of limitations had passed.  That's why she kept saying he was innocent until proven guilty.  I'm not sure he has any high profile supporters now, which is a good thing!

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Respected Contributor

Re: Whoopi Just Interviewed Dan Abrams

She defends pretty much everyone by saying, "I don't know.  I wasn't there."  That's fine because it's true, but she couldn't have been paying very much attention if she didn't know the statute of limitations has passed.

Honored Contributor

He CAN be prosecuted now. One of the women bringing charges against him is within the statute of limitations. The charge is being investigated by the LAPD.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

I wonder who finally convinced WG to listen to someone who knows more than she does. This is a huge problem with The View these days. Unlike The Talk, which is basically just concerned with celebrity gossip, The View at times tackles more meaty topics. That doesn't stop some of the hosts from weighing in on these subjects without a scintilla of knowledge. I'm glad that this time, at least, Dan Abrams straightened things out a bit.
Esteemed Contributor

I think Whoopie hears what she wants to hear. This information has been unfolding for how many months now? Who DIDN'T know about the statute of limitations? I think she feels a certain loyalty to him from the past and wants to have his back regardless. Dan Abrams has been on GMA answering legal questions about this for months and months now. You mean she hasn't bothered to inform herself about the situation all this time?

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I think Whoopie hears what she wants to hear. This information has been unfolding for how many months now? Who DIDN'T know about the statute of limitations? I think she feels a certain loyalty to him from the past and wants to have his back regardless. Dan Abrams has been on GMA answering legal questions about this for months and months now. You mean she hasn't bothered to inform herself about the situation all this time?

That's puzzling to me as well...........

Respected Contributor

That was a creative way of getting out of the hole she dug for herself....lol   Standing by someone who is a friend is one thing but I couldn't understand why she went public with it.  If anything called for a "I can't comment on that"; it's the Cosby situation.  I don't think anyone, even Cosby cares a diddlysquat about who supports him and who doesn't.  That was never an issue.  Most of us are just mad and frustrated that he can't be arrested and tried for at least one of those cases.  I have an attorney friend who says that even winning a civil suit will be an big uphill battle for any one the women who have accused him (based on what we've read and heard so far) because it is just a "he-said, she'said" situation and no lawyer can win a civil suit without something that corroborates a story.  Also their lives will be opened up for investigation by his legal team and no doubt there are things they don't want disclosed. Cosby is either the luckiest man in the world or the smartest man in the world.....    

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

That was a creative way of getting out of the hole she dug for herself....lol   Standing by someone who is a friend is one thing but I couldn't understand why she went public with it.  If anything called for a "I can't comment on that"; it's the Cosby situation.  I don't think anyone, even Cosby cares a diddlysquat about who supports him and who doesn't.  That was never an issue.  Most of us are just mad and frustrated that he can't be arrested and tried for at least one of those cases.  I have an attorney friend who says that even winning a civil suit will be an big uphill battle for any one the women who have accused him (based on what we've read and heard so far) because it is just a "he-said, she'said" situation and no lawyer can win a civil suit without something that corroborates a story.  Also their lives will be opened up for investigation by his legal team and no doubt there are things they don't want disclosed. Cosby is either the luckiest man in the world or the smartest man in the world.....    

At this point, I think his career and reputation are destroyed. That's about the worst punishment he will endure, but to him, it may be devastating. I don't really see the point of imprisoning a man in his late 70's even if it were possible. To what end? He is now a pariah, and to his ego, that may be the kiss of death.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

At this point, I think his career and reputation are destroyed. That's about the worst punishment he will endure, but to him, it may be devastating. I don't really see the point of imprisoning a man in his late 70's even if it were possible. To what end? He is now a pariah, and to his ego, that may be the kiss of death.

If he commited a crime and is found guilty he should absolutely serve the time. Being 70 now, isn't a license to get away with rape. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Could not understand what took her this long? I do find it a shame that his old shows have been pulled in a way because they were full of good views and advice but these claims have tarnished him forever and I can see why they had to be pulled. His wife is another one which I scratch my head about...how do you say" the women were consenting"...when they were drugged. Also how does she accept her husband did these horrible things to women while married to HER...or at ALL?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**