Honored Contributor

Re: Whom Do You Think the Queen’s Children Resemble?

Andrew was the best looking, just talking looks!Anne never was pretty, that picture posted of the two people at the grill,was never what she looked like,she always seemed like her personality,was like her fathers, i always wondered where the ears came in on Charles, glad the boys never inherited that,Edward ,seemed to me to take a back seat.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

The gent with Queen Elizabeth that I posted -- David Bowes-Lyon-- his father was a cousin of Queen Elizabeth, once removed.

I found him on looking for present-day members of the Bowes-Lyon family, from which the Queen Mum, Queen Elizabeth's mother, came.

I was acting on my suspicion that there's a little of that family reflected in current members.

@Nonametoday,  and @golding76 ,   I hadn't really thought of Andrew, but now I see it a little!   I was thinking Bowes-Lyon had a little of the look of Charles-- that sort of "furrowed" look--  that the other men in the family don't really have.

In Canada when I was growing up,  we were inundated with pictures of the royals, constantly, as was Britain and other Commonwealth countries.  Way before the Diana phenom.  

The Queen's family was pictured in every possible situation, light, circumstance, mood.  The barbecue picture of Anne and Philip that I posted is indeed her.  It might be the best picture of her ever taken, but it is her!  She had one of those faces, esp. as a young girl, that could look radically different at times --  sometimes almost conventionally good looking, but more often, 'quirky'. 

But I can attest that in her girlhood, it was often remarked that she took more after Philip's side.   I think that over time, as she's gotten older, the look of the Queen's family has come out more, interestingly...

In the end, it can all be very subjective.  You posted a great thread, @beach-mom --  it's a fun diversion to hear all different opinions.    

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Beagles?

No offense to beagles!!!....

After all, I like dogs...but we must remember....:

ALL beagles are dogs, but not all dogs are beagles!!!!

Honored Contributor

Anne and Charles were never attractive in my opinion, but Edward and Andrew look better, especially in their younger years!