Honored Contributor

Re: Whom Do You Think the Queen’s Children Resemble?

[ Edited ]

Princess Alice of battenberg greece prince philip mom

I see some of Princess Anne in this photo of Princess Alice, the mother of Prince Philip.  The resemblance is apparent (to me) in the cheek-to-chin area.

in this photo, Princess Alice is wearing part of her Orthodox nun's habit.  She was an intriguing person, to say the least. 

On second thought, this attire of Princess Alice may be modified nun's garb, updated for the times.  

Honored Contributor

Charles, Edward and Ann look like their father.  Andrew doesn't resemble either of his parents.  He's his looks but when he was younger, he was by far the best looking of his siblings.  

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Charles, Edward and Ann look like their father.  Andrew doesn't resemble either of his parents.  He's his looks but when he was younger, he was by far the best looking of his siblings.  

@chrystaltree 

Well, Andrew is not all that good looking, but....he is BY VERY FAR the best looking of that  bunch!!!😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@chrystaltree 

Well, Andrew is not all that good looking, but....he is BY VERY FAR the best looand king of that  bunch!!!😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

I think Andrew's good looking days ended 40 years ago.  He has morphed into one of those  fat red faced old men.  Charles and Edward born looking like aristocratic old men and their age is catching up.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Going along with Oznell's thought that there is the Scottish lineage showing up in the Queen Mother, I see a striking resemblance between the young Queen Mother and the young Prince Andrew, particularly in the bridge of the nose and the thin upper lip and the eyebrows. 

They are both attractive, I think.

vintage-royalty | Prince andrew, Young prince, Sarah duchess ...

Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother's Life in Photos

Trusted Contributor

The close set eyes are definitely Bowes-Lyon.

Andrew was very handsome in his day, imo. Never, ever thought Charles was attractive, though he is better looking as an older man. Edward looks exactly like his mom.

Anne is a combo of both, though I think she leans more toward Philip.

Esteemed Contributor

IMO, Charles and Anne favor their father; Andrew favors his mum; Edward is a combination.

As mentioned earlier, there is quite an age difference between Charles and Edward.

I realize that military protocol requires hair not to touch the uniform collar.  However, when in street clothing, I do wish she'd soften her hair style.  Photos from years ago show her lovely hair about shoulder length.  Even if she prefers an up do, it could be softened around her face.  The severe look tends to age her.

My sincere condolences to all members of the family.  May Her Majesty rest in peace.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Princess Alice of battenberg greece prince philip mom

I see some of Princess Anne in this photo of Princess Alice, the mother of Prince Philip.  The resemblance is apparent (to me) in the cheek-to-chin area.

in this photo, Princess Alice is wearing part of her Orthodox nun's habit.  She was an intriguing person, to say the least. 

On second thought, this attire of Princess Alice may be modified nun's garb, updated for the times.  

@golding76 

I always thought Princess Anne looked like her dad as well as Edward.

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom   SAY WHAT?????

You've got too much time on your hands.  Find something productive to do.

Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

@beach-mom   SAY WHAT?????

You've got too much time on your hands.  Find something productive to do.

Why the snotty post?