Honored Contributor

Whom Do You Think the Queen’s Children Resemble?

Watching the coverage today, and watching close ups of King Charles and his siblings, I started wondering this.

I always thought Charles resembled his father more. I saw Andrew standing like his father today with his hands clasped behind his back. Reminded me of Prince Philip, but I always thought he looked more like the Queen. I think Anne resembles both, and Edward more his mom.

What do you think? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Whom Do You Think the Queen’s Children Resemble?

IMO Charles has always looked like his father, even more so as he got into his 40's and up.

Honored Contributor

To me, Anne and Charles take after their Father and Andrew and Edward take after the Queen.

Honored Contributor

That's always been a fun parlor game, @beach-mom .

Growing up, I think Princess Anne looked quite a bit like her father, and also had more of his coloring than either Charles or Andrew, I think:

1421259.jpg

The likeness was furthered by the fact that her 'personality' seemed more like his--   no-nonsense, tough, athletic build.  The press used to have a field day with what they considered their "gaffes",  since both tended to be blunt-talkers who could ruffle feathers.

Edward seems to me a mixture, but looking a little more like his father:

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 4.36.03 PM.png

I've always wondered about Charles, and to a lesser extent, Andrew who also seems more of a mixture.  

Have wondered if Charles is maybe more leaning to the Scottish, Bowes-Lyon (Queen Mum) strain?  I don't really know what any of her relatives looked like. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Why don't we ever hear about Prince Edward? I just looked these people up. He's not bad looking. Do they keep Ed locked away in a tower? Maybe he's just shy?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

There's a fairly large age difference between the Queens oldest and youngest. Edward keeps a low profile as does Anne. Charles and Andrew were the most seen in public and on the news. The Queen was very close to Sophie, the wife of Edward.

Frequent Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Why don't we ever hear about Prince Edward? I just looked these people up. He's not bad looking. Do they keep Ed locked away in a tower? Maybe he's just shy?

Edward, The Earl of Wessex and his wife Sophie have been considered second tier Royals.  He's the third brother and fourth child.  That's how it's done.  He and Sophie were moved up to first tier Royals now and have been seen a lot lately; even did a Royal tour.  This happened after Harry and his wife left the "firm" as they call it.  Edward is expected to get the title of Duke of Edinburgh; which Prince Philip wanted.

Trusted Contributor

@lovepink wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Edward, The Earl of Wessex and his wife Sophie have been considered second tier Royals.  He's the third brother and fourth child.  That's how it's done.  He and Sophie were moved up to first tier Royals now and have been seen a lot lately; even did a Royal tour.  This happened after Harry and his wife left the "firm" as they call it.  Edward is expected to get the title of Duke of Edinburgh; which Prince Philip wanted.

Actually Edward and Sophie have been full time working Royals since 2002, when they each quit their private sector jobs. Twenty years they've been paid by the crown to represent the Queen.

If they've only stepped up over the last 2 years, what were they doing during the prior 18?

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

That's always been a fun parlor game, @beach-mom .

Growing up, I think Princess Anne looked quite a bit like her father, and also had more of his coloring than either Charles or Andrew, I think:

1421259.jpg

The likeness was furthered by the fact that her 'personality' seemed more like his--   no-nonsense, tough, athletic build.  The press used to have a field day with what they considered their "gaffes",  since both tended to be blunt-talkers who could ruffle feathers.

Edward seems to me a mixture, but looking a little more like his father:

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 4.36.03 PM.png

I've always wondered about Charles, and to a lesser extent, Andrew who also seems more of a mixture.  

Have wondered if Charles is maybe more leaning to the Scottish, Bowes-Lyon (Queen Mum) strain?  I don't really know what any of her relatives looked like. 

@Oznell 

I agree and if you can't see William in Edward, that puzzles me because I think not only does William look like Edward but I think Sophie looks a lot like Diana.  Not sure how they could look so much alike since Diana and Sophie are not related but stranger things happen.  I think all Wills and Kate's children look like her daddy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Edward worked as a theatre production assistant at the Really Useful Theatre Company before assisting in television production. He later formed his own company, Ardent Productions.

Edward stepped down from the company in 2002 to begin full-time duties as a working member of the royal family, and undertook engagements on behalf of the Queen. He holds patronage within over 70 charities and organizations, including the National Youth Theatre, the Sport and Recreation Alliance and the British Paralympic Association. His charity work focuses on the arts, athletics, and the development of the Duke of Edinburgh's Award, which centers around fitness, wellbeing and community service.

Sophie worked in Public Relations, representing firms across the UK, Switzerland and Australia before opening her own agency in 1996. She met Edward in 1987 while working for Capital Radio; they began dating in 1993, married in 1999.  In 2002, Sophie closed her business interests and began full-time work as a member of the royal family. She is the patron of over 70 charities and organizations, including Childline and the London College of Fashion. She undertakes over 200 engagements each year, including visits to schools, universities and military bases. Her charity work primarily revolves around people with disabilitieswomen's rights, avoidable blindness.