Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone for your opinions,  there is certainly a variety of opinions here, LOL   ......  this store is not close to me, about 5 miles off the Interstate, in a very congestive traffic area, so I won't be going that often, but I am interested to see what they are like.  It is very close to the biggest shopping area in our city and near high income housing!

Esteemed Contributor

I like that the bakery has vegan donuts, muffins, cupcakes and cookies.

I also buy the store 365 brand, comparable to other local grocery stores and usually organic.  I buy most of my produce there too, because it is organic and where possible locally sourced.

We also have a food co-op in town, and a few of my friends are critical of me for shopping at WF, but the fact is the co-op is as expensive if not more so.  Plus it would be a 30-mile round trip for me to shop there, with limited parking,  and WF is a 10-miles round trip with plenty of parking. 

I get tired of hearing the "whole paycheck" comment too.

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

Thanks everyone for your opinions,  there is certainly a variety of opinions here, LOL   ......  this store is not close to me, about 5 miles off the Interstate, in a very congestive traffic area, so I won't be going that often, but I am interested to see what they are like.  It is very close to the biggest shopping area in our city and near high income housing!

Mine is about a half hour away from me but so is pretty much everything else I go to.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

lol @Susan Louise very true! It is just a neat, tidy, clean store. It always is bright and cheery too. I like that I can also recycle just about everything there- I bring my used water filters, plastic lids (our garbage company doesn't take plastic lids), and plastic bags into them.

@HappyDaze  Too bad we didn't live closer. Sounds like we'd have fun shopping together! Smiley Very Happy

Oh that would be fun @Susan Louise! We could do some lunch and/or coffee/tea/beer (lol they do serve beer there too!) there and then shop. Smiley Happy'

I like to shop there around the Holidays too- there are fun things to pick up for stocking stuffers and for the kids.

@HappyDaze Then we'd certainly have a hoot of a time!  Smiley Very Happy

Yep, nothing more fun and interesting than tipsy shopping!  Ya just never know what will end up in that cart!

Beer And Friends Cheers! Smiley Face, Emoticon

Image result for grocery shopping emoticon

@HappyDaze  OMG! Nearly spewed coffee on my laptop..hysterical!

Sign me up!  ooonooo.gif

LOL @Susan Louise thought of you today when I went to Whole Foods and walked by the bar. I kind of chuckled to myself thinking of our discussion yesterday, lol. Winning Wink And Smile Smiley Face, Emoticon

Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

I love Whole Foods.

Yes, it's expensive but I like it because it's smaller than most grocery stores and not filled with stuff I don't want. I tend to stay around the outer perimeter and get out quickly. I don't buy basics there (I can get my non-GMO cottage cheese at any grocery store) but I do buy fruits, vegetables, fish, sushi, etc. as well as foods from the bulk section.

I love their prepared foods, though they're overpriced. They do a tuna salad with cranberry (weird, but so good) that's yummy, good soups, and there's this chocolate pudding they make that's crazy delish.

There are 4 of them within a 20 minute drive of my house. I go to one at least once a wekk.  

@gardensla, we live within easy driving distance of three WFs (and 4 Trader Joe's, as well). The newest of the WF is so gigantic that I actually feel overwhelmed when I go there, even though I am very familiar with WF in general.

It must be some kind of flagship store. Humongous.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland