Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

lol @Susan Louise very true! It is just a neat, tidy, clean store. It always is bright and cheery too. I like that I can also recycle just about everything there- I bring my used water filters, plastic lids (our garbage company doesn't take plastic lids), and plastic bags into them.

@HappyDaze  Too bad we didn't live closer. Sounds like we'd have fun shopping together! Smiley Very Happy

Oh that would be fun @Susan Louise! We could do some lunch and/or coffee/tea/beer (lol they do serve beer there too!) there and then shop. Smiley Happy'

I like to shop there around the Holidays too- there are fun things to pick up for stocking stuffers and for the kids.

@HappyDaze Then we'd certainly have a hoot of a time!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Whole Foods Store

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

lol @Susan Louise very true! It is just a neat, tidy, clean store. It always is bright and cheery too. I like that I can also recycle just about everything there- I bring my used water filters, plastic lids (our garbage company doesn't take plastic lids), and plastic bags into them.

@HappyDaze  Too bad we didn't live closer. Sounds like we'd have fun shopping together! Smiley Very Happy

Oh that would be fun @Susan Louise! We could do some lunch and/or coffee/tea/beer (lol they do serve beer there too!) there and then shop. Smiley Happy'

I like to shop there around the Holidays too- there are fun things to pick up for stocking stuffers and for the kids.

Yep, nothing more fun and interesting than tipsy shopping!  Ya just never know what will end up in that cart!

Beer And Friends Cheers! Smiley Face, Emoticon

Image result for grocery shopping emoticon

Esteemed Contributor

I love Whole Foods.

Yes, it's expensive but I like it because it's smaller than most grocery stores and not filled with stuff I don't want. I tend to stay around the outer perimeter and get out quickly. I don't buy basics there (I can get my non-GMO cottage cheese at any grocery store) but I do buy fruits, vegetables, fish, sushi, etc. as well as foods from the bulk section.

I love their prepared foods, though they're overpriced. They do a tuna salad with cranberry (weird, but so good) that's yummy, good soups, and there's this chocolate pudding they make that's crazy delish.

There are 4 of them within a 20 minute drive of my house. I go to one at least once a wekk.  

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Love Whole Foods, was just there today.  

We're at my sister's (QVC area) and her WF has a Rewards card.  I hope it *takes* around the country.  On Sunday I got $5 off my order (no min. purchase required) and another $5 off my produce (>$20)

Unfortunately two of places we own beach homes have no WF anywhere's near them.  They would do a great business, if they did.  Lots of our neighbors come stocked up with filled WF bags when they come down.

Our other grocery stores have great organic produce, meat and other choices, but WF has those hard to find items---organic.  

That is important to me, a choice, of course, but a good one.Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise   We don't use the app either.  They have coupon books at the entrance with the weekly flyer. 

It's too bad you can't get a heads up about the products you like.  It's hard when your store is not close by. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Seems I am in the minority here.  We got a Whole Foods several months ago. I was very excited to see what they had to offer, but I'm a big fan of Fresh Market which has been here for years.  I went to Whole Foods once, but really didn't find much I was interested in. I did get a meal from the hot foods area, and truthfully did not care for the food at all. It is doubtful that I'll go back again any time soon.

Honored Contributor

I find their prices to be comparable with other mainstream groceries.

Frozen veg, fruit, potatoes, veggie stock, soy milk...they HAVE to be price equal or no one would shop there.  

I think people pick up speciality foods & organic items as 'mainstream groceries' & get confused when their bill is higher....those foods would be higher no matter where you shop.  

What to look for:

-) Download the App...it's their version of a frequent shopper card

-) Japanese sweet potatoes...and Hannah sweet potatoes. Creamy.

-) Handcut artesian soaps.  Will.not.wear.out.  Plus smells so good.

-) Cotton Candy Grapes in September. Mark it on your calendar.

-) Refillable water stand.

-) The Produce section is beautiful...yes, I've taken pictures. 

Staff is friendly & helpful...instead of 'aisle 3', they will stop what they are doing & walk you to the item.  They also have a fruit 'snack' area for little kids...you can grab a banana for them while shopping.   HTH!

Honored Contributor

It's just not a store that I bother with very often although it's fun browsing. .  I do like the butcher counter and the artisan (foo foo) breads from local Seattle bakeries.  My husband likes the beer selection but not the prices.  I tend to come home with a handmade Peruvian basket or a scarf made out of bamboo -- lol -- beautiful but nothing I intended to buy when I walked in.  

Respected Contributor

The nearest one is a bit of a drive for me so I treat it as a specialty store.

The beauty aisles are worth the drive by themselves. A really good selection of essential oils and a good selection of make up, soaps and haircare.

Very often there is sushi quality fish available.  If it's not up to sushi quality to be eaten raw, the guys behind the counter will tell you honestly. The ahi cerviche and poke dishes are very good.

The deli area is wonderful.  Some really creative salads and other main dishes. The take and bake white pizza is stellar.

I think Trader Joe's has a better selection of cheeses but I have found some nice ones at Whole Foods too.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

Re: Whole Foods Store

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Yep, nothing more fun and interesting than tipsy shopping!  Ya just never know what will end up in that cart!

Beer And Friends Cheers! Smiley Face, Emoticon

Image result for grocery shopping emoticon

@HappyDaze  OMG! Nearly spewed coffee on my laptop..hysterical!

Sign me up!  ooonooo.gif