Respected Contributor

Re: Whoa so Smokey here today in all of MD

Here, too, in east central Pa. When I went out for the mail, it was almost like I could taste it. Hope everyone involved stays safe.

Respected Contributor

Smoke conditions here in north NJ too.  Smell is very strong.  

Honored Contributor

I didn't know the smoky haze went that far south.  I'm in MA, the air quality is particularly bad today.  There's a blanket of smoke from the Canadian wildfires.  They are recommending KN95 masks to prevent fine particles from entering our lungs.  Especially for older people or those with pulmonary issues.  Also keeping the air conditioner on to filter the air.  

Respected Contributor

6:00 pm Update:

Screenshot (106).png

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's hazy/smoky in Northern Virginia. The air smells like smoke. I've been getting stuffy and headaches from being outdoors.  The sun today was orange instead of yellow because it was buried behind the haze.

Valued Contributor

This morning I went out and immediately could tell the difference in the smell and look.  Poor DH with COPD walked early today and probably will treadmill tomorrow.  It's supposed to be around through the week here, with tomorrow the worst day.  I'm in Durham, NC.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm south of Richmond, VA and it was hazy and air warnings tonight on our walk but no smoke smell. My windows and doors are always shut due to allergens anyhow. But my neighbor had her door open. 
     💨 🌫️ 😷😮‍💨

Honored Contributor

@bmorechick 

definitely lots of haze in the baltimore area. we had it from canada AND from NJ. my car is a mess every day and there is a definitely haze and poor air quality. we really NEED rain! we are getting close to 10 inches below normal at this time. our lawn is now getting brown spots and we planted some trees that are not looking good. we have been doing some watering.

RAIN PLEASE, but it is NOT looking good right now. they keep saying we need at least two straight days of steady rain at this point.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Same here in SE PA.  I saw the air quality warnings early today but it didn't get hazy and stinky until early this evening.  The smell is so bad that I thought either a neighbor's house was on fire or someone was making a large campfire in their yard.  I had to go in, it was bothering me. 

I feel bad for those close to the fires!

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45   My sister works in Sparks and she said it was heavy up that way.  Yeah no rain down here either.  Our Grass is green where sprinklers hit but brown spots where it has trouble reaching. Hubs is the grass man and he's not happy 😵‍💫