Respected Contributor

Whoa so Smokey here today in all of MD

The haze is unreal here near the MD beach...spoke with family in Baltimore and points north and definitely heavy haze there.  And we can smell it.  I cannot wrap my head around what it must be like where the fires actually are burning.  Thinking of those firefighters.

Honored Contributor

Re: Whoa so Smokey here today in all of MD

I heard about this fire last night on the news.  The smoke will extend to the Carolina's.

Prayers to all.

Respected Contributor

It is also very hazy here in Northern Delaware.  I just got through a course of steroids due to pulmonary inflammation from when the fires started in Nova Scotia Memorial Day weekend.  I feel better now but I hope I don't need another course of steroids any time soon. 

Esteemed Contributor

It is bad here in NE PA too. It was a white haze earlier, now it is a weird yellow. You can really smell the smoke today, a lot more than before.

Respected Contributor

@ninjawife

well try and hang inside or wear a mask when outside.  The doc at work used to wear a mask all allergy season when she had to go outside between buildings to keep from inhaling pollen.

Super Contributor

It's bad here in western NY also. Imagine what it's like right in Nova Scotia. Praying foe everyone.

Honored Contributor

The Weather Channel had a map of Canada this morning and it looked like about 3/4 of the country had wildfires.  Has been hazy here in Chicago for quite awhile.  Unhealthy conditions for "sensitive" individuals.  Hope the Canadians get those fires under control soon.

Esteemed Contributor

We are seeing it in RI also, all of New England under an air quality warning.  Except for Maine as of this morning.   We stayed in today but have to go out tomorrow and it's supposed to be just as bad.  Take care everyone!

Honored Contributor

We are seeing it in upstate NY.  There was a yellow cast in the air most of the day.  We were told to stay indoors as the air quality index is 172.  I was out doing my mulch and when I saw the news I packed it in.

Frequent Contributor

Same here in central Ohio, for past 3 days!  Sky is white, not blue