Honored Contributor

Whoa! Another fog incident-Lubbock

[ Edited ]

It seems under control...then...WHOA!

Rain, fog, snow, even WIND...Lubbock gets it all.

Read where the Trooper had serious injuries but will recover

and the occupants in the truck where taken to the hospital & are fine.

Trooper car filming....amazing footage. 

https://twitter.com/kcbd11/status/1210679686491246595?s=21

38A731CD-4E8B-4629-8A46-5CB64DC3D7D2.jpeg

Super Contributor

Re: Whoa! Another fog incident-Lubbock

@sidsmom  I live in Lubbock. We have very little snow, rain, or fog. The wind and dust is horrendous. When we get any kind of wet weather, there are multiple wrecks. The newscaster always announces the total number of wrecks. It's usually 85 - 100. I drove to the store today and you couldn't see the car in front of you. People refuse to slow down. That semi truck was going way too fast for foggy weather.

Honored Contributor

@texassunflower wrote:

@sidsmom  I live in Lubbock. We have very little snow, rain, or fog. The wind and dust is horrendous. When we get any kind of wet weather, there are multiple wrecks. The newscaster always announces the total number of wrecks. It's usually 85 - 100. I drove to the store today and you couldn't see the car in front of you. People refuse to slow down. That semi truck was going way too fast for foggy weather.

@texassunflower 

Wow!
Snow....didn't they have 10inches in one day last December?

Odd being so dry...how did the fog develop? 
Glad you made it around with any issues💛

Super Contributor

@sidsmom  The fog developed I assume because yesterday it was suppose to rain on and off all day. It finally down poured about 10 o' clock last night. First rain we have had in months. Last year, it snowed twice. Snow was gone in 2 days time. Several years ago, we had a historical snowfall. I forget how many inches but I couldn't get out the front or back door for days. This happened over Christmas break so I didn't have to go anywhere. The city essentially shut down. Everyone was told repeatedly to stay home. The City officials only wanted emergency personnel on the roads. Lubbock doesn't have the equipment to handle a heavy snowfall so the roads were impassable.