Respected Contributor

Re: Who would you lunch with today, where at and what would you discuss?

[ Edited ]

My mom RIPHeart

Princess Diana RIPHeart

Michelle O bama

and all of the people on this board. 

I'd better get a bigger table.Smiley Very Happy

Somewhere like a waterfront restaurant or a place with pretty tables and gardens.

I am not sure what we would talk about but I invited the mods just in case.Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

My mom RIPHeart

Princess Diana RIPHeart

Michelle O bama

Somewhere like a waterfront restaurant or a place with pretty tables and gardens.

I am not sure what we would talk about but I invited the mods just in case.Smiley LOL

LOL...and I do mean I actually snorted out loud.  You are a funny woman, @Pqfan, and I mean that in the best way😂

Honored Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

My mom RIPHeart

Princess Diana RIPHeart

Michelle O bama

Mods = Bouncers?

Respected Contributor

Other than totally unrealistic wishes to meet with deceased family, I 'd go for a very probable unrealistic lunch with a living person:  After I read The Crisis of the Modern World by Rene Guenon, whose writings profoundly affected Steve Bannon's world and national view, I want to have a very long lunch with him to learn what makes him tick.

This book (one of several by the deceased author) begins with the premise that we are at the end of a dark age, the Kali-Yuga. My current vague understanding of it is we are at the end of a long cycle with major changes in store somehow in line with scripture. What I know about Bannon is his fervent belief in the necessity of tradition with the Catholic Church at least as example if not practice, for a healthy society.  Would love to know what future he hopes for America and "but what about?" . . .  the many questions I'd have.  I don't have to agree with him to find him a fascinating character of intelligence and likeability upon first impression.  Conversing with someone who was so impressed by this idea of a new age, which outcome depends on current choices and that he sees hiself as a force toward those choices, has to be interesting.

Honored Contributor

Both of my late parents with Barack and Michelle Obama at a NYC restaurant. They both would have got a kick out of #44. Heart 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

Kevin Costner~~~~We would discuss Whitney Houston and the filming of The Body Guard. 

Ryan Gosling~~~All about The Notebook and/or any topic of his choosing. 

Lunch would be at a lovely outdoor cafe in Paris!  

Honored Contributor

Al fresco dining in S. Cal with my celebrity crush--Robert Downey Jr.Woman LOL

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

John Denver just because I liked him, but not all of his causes. He would have to win me over.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I finally finished grad school and got the job I wanted, the one thing I wanted to do was take my mother to a very fancy restaurant with an outdoor patio and lovely landscaping.  I wanted to order lobster and champagne.  We did it ♥️

I'd like to do it again.  She died quite awhile ago, way too young. I would tell her that my daughter has her beautiful smile.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My parents, anywhere they wanted and I would make sure they knew how positive their relationships with my kids were in the children's future. They loved us all so much!