Respected Contributor

Re: Who would you lunch with today, where at and what would you discuss?

I would love to have lunch with Tim Russert (miss him so much!) at the Old Ebbitt Grill in DC. 

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

I would love to have lunch with Tim Russert (miss him so much!) at the Old Ebbitt Grill in DC. 

Wouldn't it be fun to lunch with Rafa on his yacht just off the shores of Majorca?  I'm afraid if he was shirtless I would forget to eat my lunch.

Honored Contributor

@jeanlake

Also from NC.

We had annual family reunions.  FOOD, music, most of my family plays an instrument & sings, square dancing, comradeship, catching up, visiting, holding hands with people we loved, but didn't get to see much, horse riding, running around in circles, dancing in the moonlight, sleeping and giggling on pallets on the floor through the night. If you were a kid everyone knew your whole family - lots of "did I ever tell you about the time your daddy and I ...

I'll never forget those days.  Sadly, so many have passed away, we no longer hold the reunions - would love to have one more.  I treasure those memories.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

Jesus

And that is a lunch we will one day get to enjoy with more to come @freakygirl

Cannot wait.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

Wouldn't it be fun to lunch with Rafa on his yacht just off the shores of Majorca?  I'm afraid if he was shirtless I would forget to eat my lunch.

Hello my bud Deep!!  Long time, no see.  

Rafa had a tough day north of the border.

How about Alexander Zverev?  Nice game!

I hope you are well!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe  Are we cousins? Ha. Yes, those were beautiful times. We'd have a softball game during the day in a farmer's field. One person watched for the bull. Grandparents would bat, but not field. An innocent time. Never a question whether we felt loved. Drythe, how wonderful that you have your dear memories of a musical family. The musicians were in my dad's family -- near Bryson City, NC. Dad played the banjo. Grandpa sang Cotton Eyed Joe (is that the title?) and a song about a guy named Tucker being late for his supper. Funny what you remember.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

I would choose my dad who passed away a little over a year ago.  It would have to be in heaven or, if God would allow, I would take dad to his favorite restaurant here in town although I'm not really a fan of the place.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me it is not who WOULD I, rather who DID I lunch with today.  A dear friend turns 96 tomorrow and I took him to his favorite Italian restaurant at 12 noon sharp.

We discussed many things that happened in his past  At 1:05 he looked at his watch and said he needed to get home to do his wash.

I do not know what it is about me an elderly gentlemen; earlier this year a friend turned 100 and last week another friend turned 94.

Honored Contributor

Thank you all, these were lovely, and I agree with a lot of your answers.

Esteemed Contributor

My mom who passed away a few years back....when we got together i would take her out to lunch (as she didn't drive herself) and she would be soooo happy!....miss her so much....was my mom & best friend....