Honored Contributor

Who would you lunch with today, where at and what would you discuss?

I'd love to set with Walt Disney today, in Disneyland and just listen to all his plans.  I think that would be such fun.

I also thought I might one day, get to take in an Elvis show in Las Vegas.  Then he passed, so if he would have been around today, I'd love to hear first-hand, what his future plans for his life would have been.

Honored Contributor

Re: Who would you lunch with today, where at and what would you discuss?

I'd love to have lunch with my mother today in my home.  I miss her and would tell her that I love her and thank her for all she did.

Also my paternal grandmother.  She died when I was a baby.  I always admired how strong she was from stories I have heard, I'd ask her a million questions. She was born in Italy and came to the US as a very young woman.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Searching for calm and wisdom, I would like to lunch with Mahatma Gandhi.  It would be so satisfying to eat with him at a trattoria in Florence, Italy, and enjoy a large plate of tagliarini with tasty meatballs on the side.  Italian food is so relaxing to the system (or, at least, it sits heavy and gives you a full, sated feeling).

We would sit for hours and talk about life.  Then we would go out into the sunshine to a sidewalk cafe for coffee and dessert. 

ETA:  I just read Carmie's very touching dream lunch.  Italy is in the air.

Just thought, the meatballs would be all mine for Gandhi would not eat meat.  Maybe they could cook up some veggie meatballs for him.  I'll take the usual beef and pork meatballs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd love to have lunch with my BFF, now gone.  It would mean so much.

We had a fave vegetarian curry place, small, and wonderfully cozy.  We'd talk and laugh about books, ideas, plans, trips, family, pets, just as we always did.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The President at the White House to discuss topics of his choosing.  We would enjoy a "beautiful piece of chocolate cake" for dessert.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'd enjoy a seafood lunch on the pier with my almost 4-yo grandson down in California.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

The President at the White House to discuss topics of his choosing.  We would enjoy a "beautiful piece of chocolate cake" for dessert.

Wonder if he'd let you have two scoops of ice cream with that cake...

Honored Contributor

I would want to share a meal with my maternal grandfather. He died at only 26, from TB. He kept going AWOL from the sanatorium to enjoy life. He was a silent film cameraman, so lunch wherever he was filming would be cool - if probably a bit dusty (outside) or dark (early soundstage). I'd like to know what sort of guy he really was, and about his family - his parents and grandparents and what they did for a living, their backstory.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I would like to have a group lunch and I would like to have Jesus there, the founding fathers, and my great-great-grandfather.

I would ask so many questions of all of them!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm with some of you. I would choose to have lunch with my dear father and his mother, both of them paragons in my life. We'd be in my house and I would serve all of my grandmother's wonderful food she always made from scratch. Food that awakens your soul. I guess we would discuss all that has happened since they departed the earth, what I have learned about life since then, and how much they have influenced me throughout my life. I'd want to say all the things I never got to say to them before they left me. I'd want to embrace their presence on this day forever.