Honored Contributor

Re: Who will be baking cookies?

Not me. There is no one that eats that sort of thing ,here. I did bake years ago, when my children were kiddies

But age and diabetes has taken my desire to do this now, away

Honored Contributor

I'm just making one kind molasses ginger, and I will eat too many of them. LOL.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

We are having a family Channukah and Christmas celebration at one of my BIL/SIL's, and I offered to bake cookies. I have a recipe for Chocolate Chunk cookies that people always ask me to make.  I do it with nuts and without since a couple in the family hate cookies with nuts.  It's INA GARTEN'S recipe.  I just tweak it a little!  They are amazing.  My husband,  who LOVES chocolate chip cookies, says they are the BEST.  Thank you Ina.

Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U-

That is so nice to share that special time with your granddaughter.

I'll look forward to that when mine are older!

I used to really like making cookies,

but now I just enjoy having someone else make them and me eating them!😋

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

My youngest sister and I baked cookies every Christmas but she passed away six months ago. We'd bake two or three different kinds of cookies, then sit down with a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy the fruits of our labor. I plan to carry on the tradition with my other sister and my niece.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a cookie eater (really not much of a dessert eater) so I don't bake.  I don't even own a cookie sheet nor do I ever have the supplies on hand.  My mom still makes her waffle cookies and a couple of other kinds for Christmas but I haven't eaten one in years.  She always tries to make me take a couple of dozen home but they just don't get eaten in my house. 

I'm a meat & potatoes girl (take after my late dad).  I'll gladly take a little leftover ham and scalloped potatoes home with me though.  Woman Very Happy

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Valued Contributor

I will be baking. I make about 4 or 5 different ones. Haven't started yet but looking forward to it.

Respected Contributor

I bake Christmas cookies and give them as gifts. They’re mostly drop cookies, but I do take the time to make Tea Time Tassies, which are tiny pecan pie tartlets. I usually start baking the week before Christmas so I can distribute them on time. I’m cutting back on recipients - as they move away, I don’t automatically give cookies to the new neighbors. 

Honored Contributor

I am, the plan is next week so I can mail some out. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I'm hoping to bake this year.  Best made plans!

I wish I had room in my freezer to start early but I don't.

So far my plans are for mini loaves of banana bread, egg nog bread, Boston brown bread and spritz cookies.

If I do the spritz cookies, I need to make extra, as fast as they are cooling from the oven they are being gobbled up!