Valued Contributor

Who's treating themselves this holiday season?

Finished with my Christmas shopping early for once.. woot woot.  Woman With Bunny EarsI also try to give a little extra to my favorite local (RI Community Food Bank) and national (St. Jude) charities this time of year.  I've been attempting to cut way back on gifts from me to me lately, but decided to grab this Carolyn Pollack necklace (J325517) I'd been eyeing, since it's now on EZP.  I like that I can wear lots of the enhancer pendants I already own on it.  Anyone else gifting themselves this holiday season?  If so, I'd love to hear allll about your new goodies.  Grinning Face With Smiling EyesWrapped Present

Respected Contributor

Re: Who's treating themselves this holiday season?

Congratulations on finishing early !!!!  I always buy my Christmas gifts when down in FL when Dillard's has their end of season clearance sales:  the finds for us northerners are unbelievable, especially the accessories.  Since I buy when I see something unusual, my gift wrapping is done around Labor Day.  ( I have always kept an annual log so I remember what's wrapped and what has already been given.

Too, my birthday is right before Thanksgiving, so I usually take advantage of store birthday credits, esp. at Chico's.  Whenever I gift myself, I usually send out "fairy godmother" packages to neices, cousins, and/or Goodwill, etc.

Enjoy all the Hollydays !!!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@AliJoi5, gorgeous necklace... you'll be styling!!

Today was our donation day, have to let that be priority over anything else!   Our Christmas shopping is always over as our family always wants cash so that's easy enough! 

Enjoy that necklace! 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

That is very pretty, and I'm sure you will enjoy wearing it often.

I'm not done with shopping, but we are gifting less and less each year.  Instead of shopping for a flock of little kids, I just give gift cards.  I'm worn out with walking malls, combing internet shopping sites, trying to gift appropriately. 

Honored Contributor

Same here my family enjoys recieving a gift of money.

I'm thinking about buying myself  i 1/2 inch chocolate colored hoop earrings but want them to go on sale at another shopping channel.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

I'm going to treat myself to a new roof for my house.  I will then make all my friends come over and oooh and awww at its beauty.  I do the same thing when I get new tires.  Don't you just hate to spend all that money and no one even notices and you don't get a single compliment?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Hey, Al, love your necklace . . . I'm sure you deserve it! Woman Wink  I save all my points on a credit card throughout the year and cash them in for Amazon gift cards, that turns out to be the bulk of my gifting. Easy. I have been coveting a pair of Old Gringo boots, but they are still WAY overpriced, even with 20% off, they're still $384. Yikes! Probably by the time the price gets low enough for me to even consider, my size will be gone. Oh, well. A girl can dream. Puppy will receive his fav for Christmas: Bully Sticks (yes, those made from THAT part of the steer!) Woman LOL Here's my dream boots:

image.jpg

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

DH & I treated ourselves to NOT having to figure out what to get each other this year! Instead, we decided to take the money we would normally spend on each other and gift it anonymously to someone we know who is struggling hard to make ends meet.

I got two things out of this...a nice, warm feeling :womanhappy, and the relief of not having to shop for something for DH--he is SO hard to buy for! Of course, we each have gotten the other just a token gift to put under the tree...just to have something to open on Christmas morning.

Valued Contributor

Wow you have this down to science @jlkz!  I like your idea of keeping notes... my strategy of winging it becomes less effective with each passing year.  Hellooo senility!  Well Happy Birthday and have a great Thanksgiving!!

Thanks @Suziepeach!  Yeah whenever I'm stumped, my go-to is a Visa gift card.  No complaints thus far!  Likewise, I bet you're a big hit at xmas!!   Money BagSmiling Face With Smiling Eyes

Valued Contributor

I'd love to see pix if you have them @cowboy sam.  They sound lovely!