Respected Contributor

Re: Who's the Handsomest of Them All?

@handygal2 wrote:

Somehow, l don't think the current actors have that special "something" that the old time movie stars had.

I think a lot of that "something" was because their image was more "managed" years ago.  Now with paparazzi and social media the constant intrusion into private lives and over sharing of their lives is the ruination of many.

Respected Contributor

My Dad.  Won't post a family photo here so you'll just have to take my word for it.  6'2" wavy black hair, blue eyes, a smile that would knock your socks off.

Respected Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

Somehow, l don't think the current actors have that special "something" that the old time movie stars had.

I so agree with this.  My favorite movie star of all time was Humphrey Bogart.  I didn't find him especially "handsome" -- in fact, not very attractive at all -- but there was just something about him.  I don't think there is an actor today that comes close to him.  

I would not say Bogart was handsome but he was well-dressed. Bogart was an outstanding actor. One of the best I have ever seen.

Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Bridgegal, I remember him from work he did in his early years, but more memorable is that he was married to Bo Derek. I may be misremembering, but I think he left Linda Evans for Bo.

John Derek was first married to a gal named Pattie, I believe.  He divorced her for Ursula Andress, gorgeous female.  Ursula divorced him, and he married Linda Evans.  He then divorced Linda for Bo Derek.  He was a handsome man. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Jon Bon Jovi
Elvis

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Honored Contributor

@MarLoCat wrote:

Jon Bon Jovi
Elvis

I haven't thought about David Cassidy in a long time.  I used to have the biggest crush on him.  I saw him in a play on Broadway a long time ago.  He was very good in it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Citrine1 wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

I so agree with this.  My favorite movie star of all time was Humphrey Bogart.  I didn't find him especially "handsome" -- in fact, not very attractive at all -- but there was just something about him.  I don't think there is an actor today that comes close to him.  

@Citrine1  Wow, I couldn't agree more.  I'm not sure he was conventionally "handsome," but I've just been crazy about him since I was little.  Gotta love those strong, silent types... a good man who does the wrong thing for the right reason... Bogie's on-screen MO.  It certainly suited him!!  I was reading the other day that his character, Frank, in Key Largo is considered by some to be the first "anti-hero."  Kinda cool, me thinks.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

Of the current actors, I think Robert Downey, Jr., Jake Gyllenhaal (he's young I know), Rob Lowe, Blair Underwood and Ryan Reynolds are very good looking.  There's many others that I will think of in the middle of the night and not be able to remember tomorrow.  ;o)

To add to this earlier post of mine, I think Jared Leto is really good looking.  I don't like his beard, but when he's clean shaven he's really handsome!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

But if we're going with most handsome... I'd have to concur with other posters who voted:

https://rongreene.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/wordpress_redford-1.jpg

Look how young!  Just a baybeet (translation: baby!), as my mom would say.   Smiling Face With Heart-Shaped Eyes

Valued Contributor

P.S.  For everyone who voted Elvis, my brother had this poster on his wall when we were kids.  I always loved it.  Most. Delicious. Mugshot. Ever.  Hellooo!!

(1956 - assault and disorderly conduct arrest)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2b/dc/e5/2bdce58e90ab93f4b9826720d57d6fe5.jpg