Esteemed Contributor

Who's in the Path of the Winter Storm?

We are under a Winter Blizzard Advisory where I live.  I made sure I have plenty to snack on and won't worry about anything until it passes.  Then according to the weather folks, the sun comes back next week and it feels like Spring again.......

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Re: Who's in the Path of the Winter Storm?

we were supposed to go to the delmarva beaches this weekend, but we are postponing until next weekend. it isnt often that the beaches get more snow than the baltimore area, but so far this year, they have had quite a bit more.

i was watching some of the beach cams tonight and i am jealous because i LOVE snow.

it is currently snowing here in baltimore, but we are on the edge of the storm and not really expecting too much.......definitely not a blizzard, although the winds will be picking up considerably.

stay safe everyone.....and WARM!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Blizzard word cloud concept. Vector illustration

Respected Contributor

I am...NW NYC Suburb here. It’s snowing hard out. I took off of work + spent the afternoon getting ready. Food shop, gas, banking, shovels, halite, snowblower ready. Etc..I’m glad I don’t live on East End of Long Island. They are going to get clobbered w/ up to 2 ft!
Stay safe everyone!☃️
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset    Stay safe and warm.  We had some snow but only a few inches which is manageable.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I think we're expected to get maybe 18".  We'll see!  It's snowing now and is expected to keep going all night and tomorrow too.  Hope in reality we don't get too much, and that it doesn't get windy. 

Trusted Contributor

I live on the east side of Long Island. I woke up this morning to a Blizzard and we are expecting one to two FEET of snow!  Although snow is not unusual for us, that amount certainly is.  I can't say they didn't warn us though.  This storm has been in the works for about a week and pretty much everyone agreed that it was going to be a big one.

We have a snow blower, a home generator, and plenty of food.  Most importantly, we are all safe and sound under one roof.  We plan on just sitting back and letting nature do its thing.

Stay safe, everyone!

Honored Contributor

Here in southern maine, snowing windy, expecting 18 inches.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I'm in SE Florida and just east of the frost that is predicted tonight for the huge agricultural area surrounding Lake Okeechobee.  All we have been warned to do is to protect our small pets and our potted plants overnight. 

I do have relatives and friends in the path of the real danger from Virginia north. Feeling really good this morning that I no longer own my old house that's quite likely to be impacted. 

Honored Contributor

In the clutches of the blizzard now.  It will go on all day and be over Sunday morning.  Stopped up on snacks, made a big lasagna.  It's beautiful if you don't have to go out but tomorrow after the walkways have been shoveled and treated, I bundle up and take a walk.