Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who's in a good mood today?

I am usually in a good mood. Now that doesn't mean I walk around over the moon 100% of the time but at least 5 or 6 times a day I feel pretty happy. There are times when my illness flares up and that can be depressing but normally I have a pretty good disposition. I feel lucky in regards to that because I know many people who have or do experience severe anxiety and depression. I am very thankful I do not have that. I know how devastating that can be for a family. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

I've been in a good mood for a few days now.  Not exactly sure why, but I suspect it's partly being careful to eat what my body does best with (lots of greens) and getting enough sleep, plus getting back to riding my exercise bike again.  (Not a big secret to feeling good, is there?) 

Who else is, or has been (or maybe is all the time, lucky you!), in a good mood?

I know clean eating and exercise is a must for me to feel good. If I eat a couple of meals that are high in fat or sugar, it can make me feel sluggish and just gross which is a downer. If I don't break a sweat for at least 30 min each day, I feel it as well. I don't think enough  people realize how important diet and exercise are to mental well being. I think more doctors should prescribe this before going right to anti depressants. I am not saying anti depressants aren't absolutely needed but I think there are a lot of people on them who could get the same benefit from changing their eating and exercise habits. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Valued Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

@3cupcakes wrote:

@spent2much  & @chickenbutt.  You both are so right about goldens!  She is 85 lbs. of love bug!  

We walked, we played, we snoozed, then spent 45 mins. me brushing her & another 10 mins. her just carrying the brush in her mouth as we walked around the yard.  It was just a really good day!!

@3cupcakes Sounds like you and puppy had a wonderful day.  I smiled as I read about all the little activities you enjoyed.  Our Jessie is female and weighed 75 at her last visit.  I think she's about 5 lbs. overweight so we are trying to change that.

Hi, @spent2much!  Oow, my furry friend is the same w/her weight as Jessie.

i was asked not to give her any treats or snacks today because her vet told her parents she needs to drop a few pounds.....I'm in the same boat myself! 😃  

But after one day w/her, I can only imagine all the really good days you enjoy w/your Jessie!  What personality these goldens have!  & this from a cocker spaniel fan.  🐾

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Sooner, my friend, stay safe!!!  Heart

Thanks!  I'm still here--so I'm happy about that!  House, roof, and garage are all still here, so in Oklahoma, THAT's a good day!  

Respected Contributor

I am always in a good mood,lol must be for my job...glad it's Friday,my legs and back hurt...

Honored Contributor

There no green veggies on this planet that would put me in a good mood...lol   Exercise (later hubby and I going for a walk in the park) and taking a pass on the "white" carbs does put some pep in my step.  I feel good when I treat my body well but if I have a lot of stress or some problems in my life, that affects my mood more than anything else.  But now, my daughter's wedding plans are complete, there are no work issues, everyone is happy and healthy.  I just bought a couple of LCNY dresses....I am one happy lady. 

Valued Contributor

So right on Irshgrl!!!  Exercise IS a mood-altering drug.  You don't have to run a marathon either, just work out til you feel whooped.  

Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Took the day off and fished.  Good mood being off, okay mood with catch.  Good day. Smiley Happy  Having hamburgers and french fries for dinner from Burger King.  Regret later, but good now.  LOL

LOL You really DID go fishing!

Honored Contributor

I would never lie to you @qualitygal! LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am always in a good mood.  My health is good; I have no aches, pains, or complaints.   I sleep like a baby every night.   No debts or financial worries.  I live a very simple, low key lifestyle in the boonies, where my only aggravation is keeping the deer out of my yard.