Honored Contributor

Re: Who's counting the birds?

@SharkE wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

@SharkE How it's done......1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-.................................................1,000

...........1,025 1,026

Your turn............

you ever watch Hitchcock's 'Birds' ? noisy and messy.

@SharkE Come to western Oklahoma and you can count bats!  They show up on radar in the evening when they fly out of their caves!  

Honored Contributor

We have been to Cornell several times. Much to learn.

Funny we went to the Feed Store today to buy more bags of bird seed, peanuts and a variety of suet holders. We laugh that we are paying more in bird seed than we ever did when we bought dog food.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

@SharkE How it's done......1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-.................................................1,000

...........1,025 1,026

Your turn............

you ever watch Hitchcock's 'Birds' ? noisy and messy.

@SharkE Come to western Oklahoma and you can count bats!  They show up on radar in the evening when they fly out of their caves!  

Yikes ! don't want no bats !

Honored Contributor

I belong to the Cornell lab .  I get all their info and newsletters.   Anyone can count the birds if you sign up and know how. They assign you a small area, it pretty interesting.  But I thought in some areas it was over, or in the midst.  But could be wrong.  Sign up was a couple months ago.  I haven't done it.  But I enjoy our backyard birds.   I live in California, but if I was around their institute I think it would be fascinating.