Esteemed Contributor

Who here remembers Live Aid? Did anyone go? I wanted to go but I had 2 small children so they came first. So, I watched it all on tv and stayed up the whole time taping it (and I still have it on VHS).

Anyway, July 13th (yesterday) was the 31 year anniversary of Live Aid. The MTV VJs posted the entire concert on FB. I have been watching (off and on) all day.

And I am thinking to myself "almost" every one that was there is still around today performing!.(Unless they passed away) It shows how great the music was then and how people still prefer that music today! 

My faves in Live Aid- Hall and Oates, Mick and Tina, Duran Duran, Madonna, The Who, Paul McCartney, Phil Collins, and on and on! It was great!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

I remember it but I didn't go.  However, my sister and her son went and I think they enjoyed it.  What I do remember is that it was really hot and they had the fire department there hosing the crowd. 

Respected Contributor

Yes.  I thought Freddie Mercury was the best of the best. He hit it out of the ballpark when he sang We Are the Champions. And, Led Zeppelin united for the show. It was a one of a kind show as was the event at Woodstock.

Honored Contributor

I think Michael Jackson was part of it?

Maybe I'm thinking something else.

I had little ones, too. 

Just saw Hall and Oates on Sunday--DH really likes them.

As we were leaving, our friends said they were 68 and 69.  68 and 69???!!!  Are they really?

We left after the second encore because we had to catch the ferry back over to Philly, but we could still hear them outside in the parking lot.  They were introducing Chubby Checker.  He started singing 'The Twist'.  Everyone started doing the twist outside in the parking lot!  I think Chubby Checker is 90.  NINETY!

We're getting old!

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I think Michael Jackson was part of it?

Maybe I'm thinking something else.

I had little ones, too. 

Just saw Hall and Oates on Sunday--DH really likes them.

As we were leaving, our friends said they were 68 and 69.  68 and 69???!!!  Are they really?

We left after the second encore because we had to catch the ferry back over to Philly, but we could still hear them outside in the parking lot.  They were introducing Chubby Checker.  He started singing 'The Twist'.  Everyone started doing the twist outside in the parking lot!  I think Chubby Checker is 90.  NINETY!

We're getting old!

Im glad you enjoyed hte Hall and Oates concert! (Them and The Beatles have always been my favorites). I saw Hall and Oates 4X over the years. I just saw Ringos All Starr Band last month. But I have yet to see Paul.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles