Valued Contributor

Re: Who remembers Hickory Farms and walking thru their stores?

As Preds said, great place to buy gifts for the menfolk! For me? petit fours and the cheese logs with the port wine in them! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} I used to do a lot of my Christmas shopping at the seasonal Hickory Farms in the middle of the mall back in the early 80's!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Honored Contributor

I remember those stores when I was a little kid. They looked and smelled gross. LOL.
Honored Contributor

In my family that was the place you shopped to get a gift for someone you didn't like or didn't know very well but you still had to get them something.
Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

Yes, I've been to a store. Only problem is, I can't remember what mall it was in.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't remember actually going to a store in a mall or elsewhere but I remember seeing them set up in temporary spots in malls at Christmas time. I was never too fond of their products.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Super Contributor

Yes, great cheese.........enjoyed sampling the cheese and purchasing a small amount of a new variety. None of the malls near me have Hickory Farm shops now.
Esteemed Contributor

There is always a kiosk at our mall at Christmas.

Respected Contributor

I do remember the stores and enjoyed them very much. Now, in the kiosk in the mall we go to, they barely let you sample anything. I don't buy as much either. If anything.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Respected Contributor

When my dad was alive that was what he wanted for Xmas. Sausage and cheese pack. Every year I would go to the mall and get him that. He loved it and so did I.

I loved this mall because it is close and had all the stores you wanted. They closed it last year when the only store left was Sears. Now they want to build a huge entertainment area with restaurants, shopping and condo's. I hope they do because it is a great area and would create alot of jobs.

Now when I want to order something I use Swiss Colony on line and it is great. I have enjoyed everything I get. Fast service and always fresh.