Honored Contributor

Re: Who or what do you miss the most in 2020?

@GenXmuse wrote:

My mom. She is in memory care for dementia and I can't go visit her. I worry I may never see her in person again. 
I miss having my kids in school. 

@GenXmuse @I am so sorry for you it must be hard for you not seeing her. As harsh as this may sound, in a way it is better that my mom passed. She would not have understood why I wasn’t coming to see her, It would have broken my heart being cut off from her. I hope soon you will get to visit your mom and be able to give her a hug.

Honored Contributor

Not much has changed for us after things started opening up here in NY state. We have been outdoor dining with our friends, went away twice, once with some family and once to visit friends. I'm a homebody but husband is also on the go, either helping his friends with things, doing the shopping, running errands, etc. 

We don't have kids or grandkids so that isn't an issue with us as it would be with others. I can see how frustrating that would be. 

Around here we can gather with friends and family, just stay apart. Husband still goes to his clubs with friends but staying the distance.

Valued Contributor

@ GenXmuse -  How awful.  I'm so sorry and hope you will get to see your mom soon.

I miss just being able to go where I want without worry and wearing a mask.  

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Why oh why? I never learn. Peace out. 

@Nancy Drew   Just consider the source.  I read your post 3 times and I see no jab.

My son hasn't left the house since Feb. except for one visit here in our garage.

Guess that's a jab, too.

Don't worry about it.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Hugging.  I'm a hugger.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Both grandchildren, DS, and DH's birthdays could not be celebrated together.  ZOOM just isn't the same.

Miss going to our favorite MIddle Eastern restaurant.  That's about the only place we ever eat out.

I miss browsing at Barnes and Noble.

Miss my family the most, though.  Miss having them over just because.

No particular reason.

Or going to their house just because.  No particular reason.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

My mom. She is in memory care for dementia and I can't go visit her. I worry I may never see her in person again. 
I miss having my kids in school. 

@GenXmuse - that is so sad about your mom. I am so sorry,  When my husband was sick there were 3 days in the hospital that I wasn't allowed to go in, then they allowed 1 visitor in.  When he went to rehab (for only 4 days) no visitors there either.  That is so very hard.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The things I've missed for 20 years are the things I miss most.  In my life, not being able to shop, eat out or such have not been the greatest losses.  Matter of fact, I did not realize how little would change in my life as far as things that matter. 

Things that I thought about like makeup, clothes, shoes weren't a big deal in my life to begin with other than the hassle of buying clothes and shoes I needed, but I didnt really realize how truly trivial shopping and stuff like this is, and how very very little they really have to do with or relate to true happiness. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse   I'm so sorry. 

That is my biggest fear-not being able to see a loved one in hospital.

Sending you a {{{hug}}}.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh   It's been a very sad time for you.  {{{hugs}}}