Respected Contributor

Re: Who or what do you miss the most in 2020?

[ Edited ]

I miss the way life used to be.

Before the pandemic. Before all the violence.

If life ever gets back to normal (and I pray it will) I'll never take the simple things in life for granted.

The one thing I really miss the most is traveling. I don't feel safe staying in a hotel or eating in a restaurant at this point.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain I view choosing to stay away from what I deem 'contageous situations' as an exercise of my freedom to congregate within the confines of my residence. 

Honored Contributor

I am a person who is very sociable and enjoys being out and about.  I miss my friends, meeting them for lunch and fun.  I miss not seeing my family, especially my great nieces and nephews.  I miss what was and hope that the future will bring us all a better way of life, good health and positive change.  

Esteemed Contributor

Why oh why? I never learn. Peace out. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

MY INCOME.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

My mom. She is in memory care for dementia and I can't go visit her. I worry I may never see her in person again. 
I miss having my kids in school. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am in awe of how much that I took for granted before this pandemic.

I would love to go back to that Sunday afternoon that loads of children, parents, grandparents and friends were in the gym watching basketball playoffs.

It was so much fun and everyone was having a good time.  I had no clue how significant that day would become.  It was the last glimpse of "normal."

The day after that, the bottom fell out of everything.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Valued Contributor

I feel your pain about cruises. We had one scheduled for May and of course it went out the window. Now it looks really uncertain about when the cruise lines start up in the Caribbean again. Some of the islands are still closed to American citizens. 

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

My mom. She is in memory care for dementia and I can't go visit her. I worry I may never see her in person again. 
I miss having my kids in school. 

@GenXmuse  I am so sorry.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Freedom.  I feel like I'm under house arrest.

😷

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment