Super Contributor

Re: Who likes Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue for women?

Also in my sixties and right now I am alternating between D&G Light Blue and Ralph Lauren Romance. Woman Wink

I get compliments on both, but more guys comment on the RL Romance "You smell good".  BTW My husband has been wearing Versace Dylan Blue and has had many "Oh you smell delicious, I need to buy that for my husband/boyfriend, what is it?" comments from ladies while I'm with him - so put us together and we must be one "smelly" couple LOL.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle 

I've been reading reviews for a while and hadn't thought about samples. It's great to "talk" to people who Actually use Light Blue. I adored Tova's Signature until whatever happened changed the scent. I actually kept the almost empty bottle.

Trusted Contributor

that's correct dear @Silver Lining , the regular DG light blue may last not more than an hour, its very light indeed!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Regular Contributor

Oh, thanks for the reminder about D&G Light Blue.  I use to wear this sometimes years ago and put it away for some reason.  Just pulled it out again.  Great for hot weather. 

First blast is lemon-y and then a bit apple-y. i don't detect any individual floral notes but I know there must be some.  Dry down gets a little woodsy but still light and fresh and coolish. 

I always thought it was misnamed though as the name sounds aquatic and it's not. It's light however and I do still like it.

As to age appropriate.  Well I was in my 60s when I got it and now I'm not, LOL!

Regular Contributor

I've always liked that fragrance. It's fresh/citrusy yet flowery but not sweet. I'm over 60 and have loved that fragrance for more than 20 years.

Respected Contributor

@mrssweetiebear 

Ohmigoodness, that sounds perfect for me! I've wanted to try some different fragrances. The citrus, apple and woodsy scents will be great. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@Shopchickie3 

Thanks for your personal review! Wish I had a spritz right now!

Esteemed Contributor

I love Dolce and Gabanna "The Only One!" D & G are famous for their fragrance called " The One. " I am recommending their fragrance specifically called " The Only One. " It actually has a faint note of coffee. It is hard to describe - except that it is expensive and divine!

Respected Contributor

I cannot tolerate many fragrances as they bring on a headache.

Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue is one of the scents that I love.  I find that if I spritz some in the air and walk through it, I smell great all day. 

It is light and lasts.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

I love Dolce & Gabanna light Blue. I've never had a problem with the scent having staying power.