Honored Contributor

Re: Who knows the good, the bad and the ugly? TRUTH

sunshine&rainbows wrote:

@dooBdoo

Thanks for saying it so much more eloquently in your topic.

I agree with you and respect your comments.

Nothing silly about, I do believe you have an angel watching over you.

take care of your self so you can take care of others ~ sunshine&rainbows

Thank you, @sunshine&rainbows!  I appreciate your kind words.Smiley

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sunshine&rainbows wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

Is the Op rrr?  ..has & rainbow in name?

You speak ignorantly, this has been brought up before and I know of who you speak of, she has 3 different names and wears and uses a lot of make up and anti aging products.

Check her out!

I post nothing like her!

Put a pin in it.

Look at my history... or bio and past post.

My husband of over 8 years gave me my nic name of Sunshine and when I married him I moved to an island that is the rainbow part of it.

And my pic or avatar is of a monk seal that comes to a beach that I walk on, she comes and basks in the sun when she is pregnant, always at the same spot.

You are mean.

Aloha sunshine&rainbows - I don't think we have posted to each other but it feels like I should know you. You just joined in June of this year it looks like.

I too come from a small town in No. CA and now live in the islands.  You mention a monk seal on the beach and I wonder if you mean the famous Makana who has returned to Ho'okipa. She is so cute!  Ho'okipa is my dh's "office" and he shoots her (with his camera) there quite often.  We were there this morning before meeting friends in Paia for lunch, but didn't see her today. Anyway, just saying hey and "howzit".

As to your orginal question, I've mentioned "my boards" or "my forums" to various members of my family and friends but no one has been interested enough to ask me any specifics. I'm usually talking about make-up or jewelry when it comes up.  I share with my dh sometimes but he is usually too busy doing his own 'puter thing with his pictures, etc. Heart

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Trusted Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

Do they know?  Know what, exactly?  I attempted to explain to DH how the addition of a phosphate molecule to ascorbic creates MAP and stabilizes it one morning.  His eyes glazed over as much as mine do when he describes poker hands.  

Topics of conversation with family members?  Well, it sure isn't about Q.  My 19 year old son phoned the other day to ask me to help him navigate through issues in the Middle East that were confusing and alarming to him.  We spent thirty minutes discussing the history of the area beginning in the first part of the 20th century, the cultural differences, the effects both world wars had on the politics forming the modern day issues, etc, etc... Those are the type of topics I find time to discuss with family and friends.  I do not run to them to tattle about the latest statements made here.  Although there was one particularly inane one today about septic systems that could warrant a change in that outlook.  

This made me laugh. I know that look! 

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Respected Contributor

I've given my posting name / letters to others:  they will recognize my style of writing, my comments, my values, my pictures, etc.

The person they know in real life is the same person posting on this board.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What you see is what you get here . . . with me, and it has always been so all the years I've posted here . . . often to my detriment for getting too "personal." 

It is impossible for me to be or write of anything I'm not.

And yes, when it has been interesting, I have no problem letting my girls read it if they want to.  And that sometimes happens when we discuss issues they are interested in . . . or when something is really funny!!

This is me!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My friends know I post on this chatboard and I know that they post on Facebook which I don't do. We don't really discuss it because we don't really care who posts what or where or what sites we visit on the internet. It's just not that important and only serves as a diversion. In fact, I don't even carry a cell phone, except in my car for emergencies. No one cares what I am doing every single minute of the day, and I don't care what they are doing.

Honored Contributor

@MrsSweetieBear wrote:

@Sunshine&rainbows wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

Is the Op rrr?  ..has & rainbow in name?

You speak ignorantly, this has been brought up before and I know of who you speak of, she has 3 different names and wears and uses a lot of make up and anti aging products.

Check her out!

I post nothing like her!

Put a pin in it.

Look at my history... or bio and past post.

My husband of over 8 years gave me my nic name of Sunshine and when I married him I moved to an island that is the rainbow part of it.

And my pic or avatar is of a monk seal that comes to a beach that I walk on, she comes and basks in the sun when she is pregnant, always at the same spot.

You are mean.

Aloha sunshine&rainbows - I don't think we have posted to each other but it feels like I should know you. You just joined in June of this year it looks like.

I too come from a small town in No. CA and now live in the islands.  You mention a monk seal on the beach and I wonder if you mean the famous Makana who has returned to Ho'okipa. She is so cute!  Ho'okipa is my dh's "office" and he shoots her (with his camera) there quite often.  We were there this morning before meeting friends in Paia for lunch, but didn't see her today. Anyway, just saying hey and "howzit".

As to your orginal question, I've mentioned "my boards" or "my forums" to various members of my family and friends but no one has been interested enough to ask me any specifics. I'm usually talking about make-up or jewelry when it comes up.  I share with my dh sometimes but he is usually too busy doing his own 'puter thing with his pictures, etc. Heart

Just wanted to say "hi!" to @MrsSweetieBear!  Nice to see you here!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova