Respected Contributor

Re: Who is your trusted network for news?

@Ms X wrote:

I don't fully trust any of the networks or the cable news channels.  The bias, when present (which is most of the time) is pretty obvious, so I factor that in to what they're "reporting."  It's too bad journalism has come to this.  I like the Drudge Report because he's very thorough and will go after anyone who needs to be exposed.  Matt Drudge has no sacred cows.

I still like drudge, too, plus nytimes, Wall Street journal, and many other print and online sources, but the question was about networks. I don't see bias on CNN, so they earned my trust.  I just wish CNN didn't run so many non-news feature programs. I mean, I love Anthony Bourdain, and he is very topical, yes, but when I go to CNN, I am looking for NEWS. 

Respected Contributor

FOX

Respected Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

Fox network

Ackkkkkkkkk!  I accidently hearted your post!

Trusted Contributor

Great question!

MSNBC, CNN, and online: The Nation, Slate, Salon, and Politico are my preferred sources.

Respected Contributor

Mainstream news today is akin to watching Pravda in the former Soviet Union.

Respected Contributor

MSNBC and CNN are laughable.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

I don't know that I trust any of them. It's always good to dig deeper. 

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

Fox network

Ackkkkkkkkk!  I accidently hearted your post!

@fortune, you can deheart the post, won't bother me but thanks for pointing it out.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

I no longer have cable but I get my info from both cnn and fox online. I like Lester Holt as well. In the car I listen to satellite and I look at BBC a lot as well.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I sample just about all of those listed in this thread.  I want to see and hear what others are seeing and hearing, even if the source is one I don't like or respect.   (Edited out a couple of sentences that might sound argumentative.)   

It's a dangerous practice to trust a single news source (or a group of sources all of which are associated with each other -- please, be sure to check and see who owns/manages a news source to be aware of all the affiliations), because we run the risk of hearing one biased perspective and, thus, misinformed or uninformed.  

I just posted this on Facebook this past week, and I believe it to be true and important regarding what we read and watch:  

"If you resist reading what you disagree with, how will you ever acquire deeper insights into what you believe? The things most worth reading are precisely those that challenge our convictions."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova