Respected Contributor

Re: Who is your trusted network for news?

It depends on the time of day and who is the anchor.  

I prefer Anderson Cooper.  I've been watching Brian Williams and think he's been doing a great job.  Lester Holt is always a favorite too.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

pretty much all of them, with their particular biases in mind while watching/listening to/reading each.......trusting my common sense.

Trusted Contributor

Trusted?  None of them.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

I am an inveterate channel changer but if breaking news is in play my go to source is CNN.

I like to channel surf all the networks when breaking news is on. It's interesting to note the differences.

I have MSNBC on now because I'm in another room.

Super Contributor

I switch channels to hear different angles on stories. what I do not like to watch is when they are endlessly speculating and stating opinions instead of the actual news stories. I just want the news.   

Trusted Contributor

QVC. 

Esteemed Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

It depends on the time of day and who is the anchor.  

I prefer Anderson Cooper.  I've been watching Brian Williams and think he's been doing a great job.  Lester Holt is always a favorite too.  

I agree about Anderson Cooper. Ever since his reporting on Hurricane Katrina, he has been my favorite news person. 

Trusted Contributor

For cable news it's mostly MSNBC, then CNN (but I usually switch back and forth).   I am also feeling Brian Williams is doing a great job on MSNBC, he's calming and informative.

Unlike other cable news stations, CNN & MSNBC check sources before reporting as fact.

Honored Contributor

@12andcounting wrote:

Trusted?  None of them.

That's sad.

I work with a guy who was spouting all kinds of conspiracies. I asked him where he got his information...he said the internet. I asked him - where on the web?

Newsmax and World Net Daily. He said that the MSM is trying to keep this information from us...oh, and the National Enquirer too.

Respected Contributor

I don't fully trust any of the networks or the cable news channels.  The bias, when present (which is most of the time) is pretty obvious, so I factor that in to what they're "reporting."  It's too bad journalism has come to this.  I like the Drudge Report because he's very thorough and will go after anyone who needs to be exposed.  Matt Drudge has no sacred cows.