Respected Contributor

Re: Who is your trusted network for news?

@fortune wrote:

Thanks!  How do you deheart a post?

@fortune, to deheart a post, sign in, go to the post and click on the 3 dots in the upper left corner.  That opens a menu, and one selections allows you to revoke your heart.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I'm all for hearing different POVs and, fortunately, some of them offer that quite a bit.     I see differeing POVs every time I tune into a source that I will watch or read.   That's always a good thing.  Grown ups having grown up conversations and debates is a good thing.    But...

The one I mentioned that i don't watch (I tried!) - it isn't even about a particular POV.  Clearly, they are the most biased, because they are expected to be, but when they went wide with the whole 'fair and balanced' thing I gave it a go.  

What I found was that whenever they would have a guest with a different POV, than the one they are expected to maintain, they would yell over the guest relentlessly and if the guest continued to try and answer the question and/or express their POV, they would end up with their mic cut.  It was just a bunch of screaming and demeaning until the person was cut off completely.   Plus, it's just so extreme and don't even get me started on the lack of actual facts.

That kind of negated the whole concept that they professed to be pushing, in terms of hearing all POVs equally.  

**************  I know the one you're talking about and I can't stand to watch that show for the same reasons.  There is actually another one almost as bad now.....those two do frustrate me to no end.  Why have guests if you're going to do that?

Honored Contributor

There is no more GOOD journalism anymore---everyone seems to be pushing their own agenda...and it shows!!

I read some tried and trusted financial "rags" that seem to know whats really going on....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hot Street wrote:

For cable news it's mostly MSNBC, then CNN (but I usually switch back and forth).   I am also feeling Brian Williams is doing a great job on MSNBC, he's calming and informative.

Unlike other cable news stations, CNN & MSNBC check sources before reporting as fact.

@Black Cat Back 

rolling laughter emoticon  I'm sorry but a couple of stories just came to mind...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

Thanks!  How do you deheart a post?

@fortune

First you refresh your browser (usually the half circle with arrow on either the left or right top), then you click the 3 dots  there you will find REVOKE HEART.....it won't work unless you refresh your browser first...

Honored Contributor

Trusted may not be the word but I enjoy MSNBC in the morning and FOX in the evening.  Sometimes I'll catch CNN on the weekends.  The hosts are the reason I watch, but I remind myself that many of them are not impartial.

Valued Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I am finding the convention coverage on CSPAN entertaining.  No talking heads, just live video and audio of the proceedings.

I am watching the convention on FOX and Marcus Luttrell just gave and outstanding from the heart speech.   What a true patriot!

Respected Contributor

His mother confided in my mother; they were neighbors and close friends. I have no idea how she related to Wolf, but his parents willingly paid for him to be a journalism major at Syracuse University.

Just yesterday a friend told me she was concerned about her son at work. I went to his christening and watched him grow up. I know my friend brought him up with love and instilled confidence in him. I doubt she tells him her concerns about his profession.

And she was correct about writers. I wrote for a living for ten years; I barely made a living.