Super Contributor

Re: Who is your pick to replace Matt Lauer on Today Show?

I think it would be a good move to have two women.   Maybe just leave Savannah and Hoda.  If they are looking for a male replacement, I am happy to see so many like Craig Melvin, as I like him too.  I hope they strongly consider him.  Willie Geist seems like a nice guy, he just does not grab my attention; as others said--he is bland, not engaging.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@insomniac2 wrote:

Silver fox, I was being a bit facetious about Rachel "Meadow." I have heard of Rachel Maddow.

@insomniac2@  I just thought you misspelled her name, but figured most everyone  would know who you ment.    I don't like correcting people if they may have made a typing error, as I myself do it all the time.    By the way did you mean to direct this to @Ms tyrion2 ?  As I think she was trying to correct both of us LOL.  

Respected Contributor

Silver fox, I was directing my comment about Rachel "Meadow" to the OP. I usually have excellent spelling skills (though typos slip in now and then)--it's one talent, though I lack some other basics.

I'll have to see what @Ms tyrion 2 said.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never watch. I was a devoted Today show fan until I took early retirement. Always had it on as I got ready for work. Now, I have the luxury of never being up at that early hour. Can't say I've missed it.  I had ever heard of Samantha (?) Guthrie (?) until I saw clips of her anouncing Lauer's firing. 

Regular Contributor

Agree with you totally. Matt had a hand in getting rid of Ann Curry. Wonder if he was involved in having Natalie Morales removed too.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@DREAMON I like Lester holt too....add my vote for Lester

Yep..Lester would be my first choice

Honored Contributor

I think they should lock up, shut off the lights and go home. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never watch Today, so I have no idea who is in the wings. I am strictly a GMA person because of Robin Roberts and George Stephanopoulos. Haven't watched Today since Bryant Gumble was on. Are there any rising stars on NBC?

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Sorry, @Oznell, but the idea of pompous Hugh taking that seat would compound the mistake of his ever being hired by MSNBC.

How about Shep Smith?

I don't know the guy, but I've heard he is the only one on Fox who actually does what a newsman should: cover the news given the actual facts available at the time.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some of the people suggested here are what I would consider talking heads. What is needed is a real newsman,  someone who presents straight news...period. What was it? Who was involved? Where did it happen? How did it happen? Why did it happen? When did it happen? No speculation. Just the facts until more information is available.