Respected Contributor

Re: Who is obssessed with April the Giraffe?

[ Edited ]

I have a question about the real live feed.  WHERE IN THE WWW IS IT?  Woman LOL  There are a blue-million links out there, but how do you know you're watching the actual live feed?  

The one I'm presently watching is on YouTube, labeled Animal Adventure Park, but I don't know whether it's legititmately 'live'.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

@IamMrsG, the link to the authorized live feed is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClnQCgFa9lCBL-KXZMOoO9Q/live

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I was interested in April but feel sorry for her and her mate.  They're confined to that small indoor climate-controlled space all winter.  All they can do are pace and eat  Giraffes are not cold-weather animals and don't do well when the temperature is less than 50° F.  Animal Adventure Park is near Binghamton NY, which is definitely a cold weather area. 

@ValuSkr

I asked my wife about this same thought. She said there are doors, and weather permitting, her mate is not always confined. I know it is cold in NY, but like much of the country, I believe last week it was 70 degrees.

My sister has owned horses the majority of her 83 years, and we live in Nebraska. Most horses are confined to a stall, much smaller than where I see April and her mate. According to my wife, it is a "petting zoo", so I suspect they get extraordinary care in their environment.

To me animals from the wild face a double edged sword. According to some animal lovers, removing them for almost any reason falls into their category of "animal abuse". I am not one that agrees with them.

I see no "perfect situation" for many animals from the wild. In the case of April, I think she is getting the best of care in here present environment. Is it perfect? Even every animal lover will not agree on either the "wild" or where she now resides.

That is my animal loving opinion on April.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@IamMrsG, the link to the authorized live feed is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClnQCgFa9lCBL-KXZMOoO9Q/live

@Marp, thank you for supplying the link.  It is the one I was using, but it seemed wonky last night, which made me wonder.  After I posted my question, I went to Animal Adventure Park's page on Facebook and found this one: www.aprilthegiraffe.com.  From a very brief comparison, I think the two feeds are in sync.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@Marp, thank you for supplying the link.  It is the one I was using, but it seemed wonky last night, which made me wonder.  After I posted my question, I went to Animal Adventure Park's page on Facebook and found this one: www.aprilthegiraffe.com.  From a very brief comparison, I think the two feeds are in sync.  

@IamMrsG- they had problems with both the live feed and their Facebook page last night. They mentioned it on their Facebook page this morning. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh, @on the bay, @IamMrsG, @hckynut, @ValuSkr

From Animal Adventure Park's FB page:

Animal Adventure Park

Animal Adventure Park Super chat will be on OUR YouTube live feed.

Questions and answer with park staff. Those highlighting their questions with a super chat donation are easier to see and promised an answer. We also try to address the many is the fast moving chat feed.

The vet is in for a check should you wish to watch!

Super chat tonight 8-9pm on YouTube.

Honored Contributor

@Marp- on you tube, how do we find the chat thing?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh, if you are on a PC when chat is activated you should not have to do anything to see it.

Click on the top link in my post above which will take you to the FB page.  Scroll down to that post and open the comments.  There is discussion there about seeing chat and how it works or doesn't work on various devices.

Esteemed Contributor

ValuSkr wrote:
I was interested in April but feel sorry for her and her mate.  They're confined to that small indoor climate-controlled space all winter.  All they can do are pace and eat  Giraffes are not cold-weather animals and don't do well when the temperature is less than 50° F.  Animal Adventure Park is near Binghamton NY, which is definitely a cold weather area. 

@ValuSkr...Yes, I feel the same way and find it difficult to watch them all cooped up like that...It's just my own personal sensitivity level that gets in the way...However, the environment that they are providing for them definitely calls for much needed improvement.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

When is April due?