Honored Contributor

Re: Who is obssessed with April the Giraffe?

Not that I'm the giraffe whisperer or anything, but I have a feeling she's going to have the baby giraffe tonight. 

No scientific data or anything, but she's gone to the bathroom a ton today and that's what I'm basing my feeling on, LOL. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Contributor

I've noticed how much she has gone to the bathroom, too. I really thought she was going to have the baby early this afternoon. She was squatting and holding her tail out. Then she stopped eating for alittle while. 

Honored Contributor

I have lost my mind. I had lunch with a friend this afternoon.  I TOOK MY IPAD WITH ME, into the restaurant, so I could check on April before my friend got there. Yes, I put the iPad in my purse during lunch and our visit. 

When I got back in my car in the parking lot, I checked on April again before heading home, LOL. 

Respected Contributor

Today was my first day to see April sitting down. Seemed like she sat for more then an hour. I have seen Oliver sitting quite a bit but not April. They do seem to eat almost constantly, but then what else do they have to do!!!
Honored Contributor

Hi fellow obsessed watchers lol!

Today I hope some of you got to see April and Oliver together.

They got to stay together for quite awhile as the young boy was cleaning Oliver's cage.

Oliver was so gentle and April gave him a giraffe hugWoman Very Happy several times with her neck circling around his. It was so sweet to watch.They both seemed happy to be with each other and very comfortable with each other.

I'm so glad I got to see that and I hope others did too!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Hi fellow obsessed watchers lol!

Today I hope some of you got to see April and Oliver together.

They got to stay together for quite awhile as the young boy was cleaning Oliver's cage.

Oliver was so gentle and April gave him a giraffe hugWoman Very Happy several times with her neck circling around his. It was so sweet to watch.They both seemed happy to be with each other and very comfortable with each other.

I'm so glad I got to see that and I hope others did too!

I got to see that, too. So nice to see their interaction. 

Honored Contributor

With her this pregnant, it makes me nervous when Oliver is in with April. I read on their Facebook page that they don't leave him with her long because they're concerned he'll be too rough with her and also try to have relations with her. 

I saw them yeaterday together. He just seemed to ignore her and she was very loving toward him. But I was glad when they moved him quickly. 

Maybe today will be the day. 

Respected Contributor

Darn, missed seeing them together.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning All "April the Giraffe" Obsessors...

While checking in this morning for the latest news, I came across this link....baby calf was seen "kicking out" yesterday morning during vet exam...so it sure looks like birth is quite imminent at this point, but don't hold me on it!....The calf may have just been telling the vet to leave her/him the heck alone and will come out when it is da*n good and ready!...lol

Watch live: Calf of April the giraffe kicks out, 'waved hello' | FOX31 ... http://kdvr.com/2017/03/10/watch-live-calf-of-april-the-giraffe-kicks-out-waved-hello/22 hours ago ... HARPURSVILLE, N.Y. — The keeper team of April the giraffe captured the calf “ kicking out” during an examination on Friday morning, park ...

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

I thought I'd share this picture of April, taken by the park vet yesterday. They said that she has a huge appetite right now and before the vet could even get in her stall to examine her, she greeted him like this, at the door, tongue out, waiting for treats. 

IMG_6681.JPG