Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who is in the Nor'easter snow storm?

@Rockycoast, you were smart to stay away from the coast.  I am in Nova Scotia and we have had surge warnings all week with low lying areas suffering significant flood damage.  Our snow comes tonight into tomorrow. Rain afterwards so I hope it takes it all away.  LM

Respected Contributor

NYC snow started earlier than predicted, they keep upping expected accumulation, now at 12”.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh boy it's been seriously coming down here for about the last 40 min or so and the faster & more heavily it suddenly became it started sticking to the streets/sidewalks/driveways. All this morning and till awhile ago it looked like we might luck out and just have it sticking on the grass and the rest just stay wet. No such luck.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately I am. No snow where I live in that storm last Friday, but at least 10" in this one.

The silver lining is that winter is almost over. Hopefully. Last March there were two big storms here.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

sure am here. #3 due in sunday night and monday, it may be a south storm this time around, to far out to know what will happen, am in delaware so we will get this #3 storm if it hit south.

am tired of these storms right after another.

robins showed up today. I think there GPS got it wrong, it was snowing hard and heavy and robins were trying to peck into the ground for food.

Esteemed Contributor

We have about six inches of snow here in Delaware.  Last night, it looked like I was in the middle of a snow globe.  The weather had stated that it was going to be more of a rain event, but it snowed all night.  Luckily, no power outages in my area.   I hope everyone who is having a major storm is safe.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

It is still snowing heavily, and there is already 18 inches of snow on the ground from this storm.  

There is no place to put the shoveled snow. 

This is the second nor'easter in 5  days. We got 8 inches of snow on Friday. I heard there is another one coming the beginning of next week.  

Calgon take me away. 

Hope you are all safe, warm and dry.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

The storm has ended for us a few hours ago.

So glad the forecasters predicted much more than we got.

We were supposed to get anywhere from 6 to 12 inches.

We probably got about 4 inches here in PA.

Hope it is the last snow storm until next winter!

Respected Contributor

Hi ladies- I'm in a northern NYC suburb and we've been getting pounded all day by heavy, wet snow . We probably have about a foot of snow now. Not looking forward to the cleanup before getting ready for work tomorrow morning..🙁😩. Stay safe everyone!
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the replies. It is interesting to read what everyone got/or is to get. I hope everyone is safe and not in the dark!

We only had 7 inches and it is long gone tonight. I'm glad we didn't get the high amounts here! Above us got much more, but we lucked out I guess,

I heard there's another storm Sunday night to Monday but they said that may be south of us here in PA. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles