Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who is in the Nor'easter snow storm?

I live east of New York City.Schools have already closed .We’re expecting up to 9 miserable slippery inches!! The older I get the more I hate it!! ☃️❄️

My DH is working from home & my son’s classes were cancelled.Looks like I’ll be making waffles this morning.

Stay safe my friends!!

Valued Contributor

It is going to start later today here in Maine. I live about 10 mile's from the coast, and we are expected to get 12 to 18". There has been so much damage to coastal home's and road's this year. They are doing what they can to protect home's from further damage, but mother nature is so powerful. Stay safe everyone.

Honored Contributor

Today like yesterday morning, woke up to snow on the deck.  Most went away yesterday but it's back today. (SW MI).  

Respected Contributor

I’m in CT and it’s a school snow day (I work in the High school). But so far it’s fine, not that cold out at all and barely anything on the ground.  My princess dog was willing to walk around this morning! 

I hope this snow day wasn’t for nothing because we are increasing school year way into June now-  But very hard for them to predict . 

Esteemed Contributor

An update in my neck of Ct. outside of New Haven. Some light snow sticking to grass and roofs but streets and driveways just wet for now. But what's odd, every once in awhile as I look out the window I can see the sun through the clouds when they go from thick grey to a very light grey then they thicken again and it disappears. When you can see it, it gives an eerie look to everything for a moment or two.

Esteemed Contributor

Northwest corner of RI, not much happending here yet.   We may get around 6" or so, could be more but will probably be mostly rain/wind at the shoreline.  

@goldensrbest   Good luck in Maine, but try not to worry so much, you're a hardy New Englander, you'll get through this.   Hugs to your dogSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

CT here.  I think where I am we're in the 8-12" range.  They keep changing it.  Last night they said the storm was heading straight for us so our accumulations would be less, but this morning they are saying 8-12".  Generally accumulations are higher on the north and west sides of the eye of the storm, which is why we would get less snow if we were in the head-on path.

Honored Contributor

Northwestern Jersey checking in. We are in the 12-18 inches area.  Woke up at 6 am to about 1/4 inch covering the ground.  It's lightly snowing right now.  I know it will pick up later, with an inch an hour, as the afternoon goes on. 

I hope everyone in the path of this monster storm stays safe, dry, warm and cozy. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@dmod njwrote:

Northwestern Jersey checking in. We are in the 12-18 inches area.  Woke up at 6 am to about 1/4 inch covering the ground.  It's lightly snowing right now.  I know it will pick up later, with an inch an hour, as the afternoon goes on. 

I hope everyone in the path of this monster storm stays safe, dry, warm and cozy. 

What time are you pulling out the blender for the Margaritas?

Respected Contributor

It's 8:45am and it just started to snow here in central coastal NJ with 6-12 inches predicted.  All schools and government offices closed and the Governor has declared a state of emergency.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!