Respected Contributor

Re: Who is in the Nor'easter snow storm?

We ended up getting a 12"-14.6" depending on what part of town you live in. Not so bad for us. We only had our lights flicker a bit. Others lost power. My husband had a day off of work due to power outages at the shipyard.  Late tonight into Tuesday is going to be another snow storm.  8"-10" predicted so far. We will see. It least there is no flooding predicted with this one!

Honored Contributor

My area of southern WV has nearly 6”, which is the most we have received in a single storm all winter.   Looks like another pajama day for us.   😀

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme, I hear you...we are on a well too.  We have a generator if the outage is prolonged but who needs it!

Our snow is predicted to be wet and heavy again.  Winds up to 100 km/Hour so probably will lose power.  

I always watch East Coast US in winter...you are a harbinger for what we will see in Nova Scotia.  

Stay safe!  LM

Honored Contributor

Snowing like a bat out of hell, tired of snow.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom

Already lost power early this morning!  First bump on line woke me up, 10min later second bump, filled tub up 'cause third time it stays out!  So far it was only out for an hour.

Went out and shovelled once today, snow is very heavy!  Very windy - can't see out windows now as snow is clinging to screens.  Guess will have to go out and shovel, but waiting for wind to die down.  

We're supposed to get another one - middle of next week.  Enough already!

Anyways, stay safe and hope you don't lose your power!

Had considered a generator after the Halloween Storm years ago but 1- wanted a Kohler and much to expensive; 2-haven't lost power since then - until this year.  Gas operated generators scare me, so guess I have to just go without!Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme, hope you have power!  It is just starting here and is changing from heavy wet snow to rain to snow again.  Mega flight cancellations.  It’s March break here so many will be disappointed.

The local Power Company has said if it goes out tonight it most likely won’t be restored until Wednesday at a minimum.  The winds are too high to put crews up.

I have a gas range (stovetop) that we can cook on even during power outages.  We have one neighbor at the airport (flight cancelled so they are at the hotel) and another with the husband away on business so DH will be busy snowblowing when it calms down.

I can’t believe another one is on the way.  Three in five days here already and no desire to see the fourth!

Stay safe @eddyandme!  LM

Respected Contributor

Still snowing, blizzard and white out conditions. Very gusty winds. Have a few limbs down in the yard. I went out and shoveled down at the bottom of the driveway. Street snow plows make a high ridge and makes it hard to get through into the driveway.  My husband called and let me know was coming home early. They closed the shipyard. He will do snow blowing later on when it calms down a bit.  Still have power. We are on town sewer and water so that is not a problem for us. We have a gas stove for cooking and a wood stove for heat. We are all set if power goes out. Because of the grid we are on, we are usually the first ones to get power back on.  So we just wait it out, no generator needed. I do love a good storm. Be it snow, rain, wind...I'm like a kid with her nose pressed up against the candy store. I love weather!

Honored Contributor

@Rockycoastwrote:

Still snowing, blizzard and white out conditions. Very gusty winds. Have a few limbs down in the yard. I went out and shoveled down at the bottom of the driveway. Street snow plows make a high ridge and makes it hard to get through into the driveway.  My husband called and let me know was coming home early. They closed the shipyard. He will do snow blowing later on when it calms down a bit.  Still have power. We are on town sewer and water so that is not a problem for us. We have a gas stove for cooking and a wood stove for heat. We are all set if power goes out. Because of the grid we are on, we are usually the first ones to get power back on.  So we just wait it out, no generator needed. I do love a good storm. Be it snow, rain, wind...I'm like a kid with her nose pressed up against the candy store. I love weather!

Do you live in maine also?

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbestYes, goldensrbest, we live in Southern coastal Maine. About a mile from the beaches.

@goldensrbestwrote:

@Rockycoastwrote:

Do you live in maine also?

Honored Contributor

I live in eliot.