Honored Contributor

Re: Who is in the Nor'easter snow storm?

Northwestern Jersey checking in. We got 23 inches of snow. 

My county seemed to be the bullseye  of this storm.  

Clean up continues............thank goodness the  sun is out and the temps are in the high 30s/low40s. That will help with the melting and clean up. 

Hope everyone is okay. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We in South Jersey (eight miles from Philly as the crow flies) have experienced both storms so far, this last one worst than the first, as we got six inches of snow which is still on the ground this morning.  The maintenance crew plowed the roads throughout the development all night, and the sidewalks leading right up to our doorsteps.  Our cars are also protected by a roofed carport. 

This is why I would never want to own my own house again.

Fortunately, the power has only gone off this last one and only for about a half hour.  That is the thing I dread the most.

I hear there's another one coming next weekend.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj

Wow Donna, you got nailed.  We got "only" about a foot.  I don't like snow in general, but I especially hate when you think you're finally in the clear (March) and you get one of these zinger storms.

Hope you have power to keep your blender going. Heart

Honored Contributor

stay warm and stay home everyone.....if you can!

we have been missing most of the snow in the baltimore area. we had high winds last friday but no snow. we lost our power for six days and it was darn cold in the house. cannot believe it took them that long to get our power back up, especially since we did not get snow or rain. our power came back yesterday afternoon.

the tuesday storm hit and we only got about two inches of heavy, wet snow. the roads were not bad at all.

something maybe be coming up again in  few days.......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoonwrote:

@dmod nj

Wow Donna, you got nailed.  We got "only" about a foot.  I don't like snow in general, but I especially hate when you think you're finally in the clear (March) and you get one of these zinger storms.

Hope you have power to keep your blender going. Heart

Yes we did, @faeriemoon.  It is overwhelming. There is no place to put it all.  We already had 8 inches on the ground from Friday's storm. 

"Only" a foot? lol 

The temps and sun will help melt it little by little.  

Yes, we never lost power.  I have a whole house generator, so my blender is always ready. Smiley Wink lol  

Take care with all this snow. Heart

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl,

Ah the good old days at Y, I could teach however everything was cancelled after noon for just a few drops of rain.

The big scare started around 6pm zero visibility, thunder you name.

Gorgeous day today and another waisted « snowday « for nothing🌻

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

In Nova Scotia we got heavy winds, heavy snow and then rain.  Awful stuff to shovel especially after the plow came through.  We lost power for five hours.  Only 4-5” of snow.  We are getting another system tonight into Saturday.

i spent the power outage by the wood stove quilting.  It was very relaxing.  I am almost finished this year’s quilt.  

@dmod nj, 23 inches😩!

LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmomwrote:

In Nova Scotia we got heavy winds, heavy snow and then rain.  Awful stuff to shovel especially after the plow came through.  We lost power for five hours.  Only 4-5” of snow.  We are getting another system tonight into Saturday.

i spent the power outage by the wood stove quilting.  It was very relaxing.  I am almost finished this year’s quilt.  

@dmod nj, 23 inches😩!

LM

Hi @Lilysmom  I bet quilting by the fire was relaxing.  I do cross stitch and find it relaxing as well.   The quiet gives me time to relax, clear my racing mind and do something productive.   I bet your quilt is lovely.  A handmade keepsake. Smiley Happy 

I think we are getting another possible system early next week. UGH! 

Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj, I usually do a quilt every winter.  This year’s is The Wedding Ring.  It is a great pastime in winter.  I had to stop using the fingerprint ID on my iPad and iPhone though because I get calluses on my thumb and it changes  my devices won’t let me in.  Funny huh?

Here is a photo from October just after I pieced it for quilting.  LM1EAA888A-BCC8-46DC-809B-892AA68D6371.jpeg1904C0B0-CCFC-4BE6-8F08-41E67CFA78C2.jpeg0162BCF2-CCB3-4A9F-BA8E-42DB8B95A1E4.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

North Jersey here. Power out from Friday at 3 PM through Tuesday evening. Very fortunate to have power restored, as many have been out for a week and many more added since Wednesday. My house got down to 43 degrees on Sunday, when I went to DS & DDIL's, Monday on to sister's house.

The utilities and my town offered nothing: no ice for the fridge, no warming stations- nothing! Lucky to have family within an hours' drive and a neighbor with a working generator. It was so cold in my house that I lost nothing from my freezer. After 4 1/2 days everything was still frozen solid. The fridge was colder on the outside than inside!

Did I mention that yesterday I spent the day digging out of TWO FEET of snow?!

Lucky that I spent $$$ having my trees trimmed last summer, so no trees or limbs fell, just a ton of smaller branches that did no damage, just created a mess on my wooded property.