Honored Contributor

Re: Who is in the Nor'easter snow storm?

Not bad in Manhattan ... the snow was very wet and we ended up with mostly slush.

Around where I live they do a great job of keeping the walkways and sidewalks clear.  Generally the only problem during these storms is crossing the streets.  The curbs are always flooded with slush.

I don't "have" to go out until Saturday.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Southern NY here on the NJ border. It's a huge mess. Electric out all over town, trees and branches falling all over, saw the electric wires in front of my house catch fire. Looks to be about 17-20 inches of snow. Luckily we have a generator.

Esteemed Contributor

Heavy wet snow piling up fast here in RI!  I much prefer snow than scorching summer heat and humidity!!

Respected Contributor

I’m jealous.  There’s been no snow in the dc area all winter.  I forgot what snow looks like.  

Honored Contributor

In PA here.  We were expecting up to six inches of snow.  Government buildings were closed as well as the colleges. 

After all the prep, we didn’t get any snow.  It rained a fine mist and and we had a small flake or two, for a few hours, then it stopped.

We didn’t even get a dusting.  Our streets are dry.  It passed up by.  Yippee!

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ, that’s a lot of snow!  We are just on the freezing mark and the snow will turn to rain here in Nova Scotia.  I don’t think there will be much accumulation...just enough to make the work commute bad. LM

Honored Contributor

Our power here in southern maine just came on ,got heat now ,heavy wet snow,12n inches!!!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Last night I read that 3,100 residents of Lower Southampton Township in Bucks County, PA were without power. I live in Lower Southampton and I think there are only 3,100 residents in the Township.

And yes we were without power for the afternoon and some of the evening yesterday.

In Bucks County 73,000 were/are without power. But get this - our trash was collected about an hour ago.

Regular Contributor

We were, but it's a sunny day today. We had about 14 inches of HEAVY snow.  All through our town are downed trees and electrc lines. We never lost power, but many of our neighbors have been without power. Schools were closed for a second day. Hopefully, this is the last of the snow for the season. Thinking of all of you who are without power. Stay safe and don't go out. They are attempting to clean the streets.

Regular Contributor

My daughter is a principal in a NYC school. They had school BOTH days. Getting to and from NYC on the train was a real challenge for her.