Honored Contributor

Re: Who is getting tired of this,staying home?

Yep, I'm really sick of being at home, it feels so weird, but nothing I can do about it. I try to go out only when we need supplies. 

We just drove the 1 mile to the post office.  I dropped a bill in the drive up mailbox and we drove directly home.  It was such a big outing, LOL. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I like staying at home. It's nice & quiet. LOL!!!

I guess I'm weird one out.

I can look at my debit register to see when I went some place. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I've been fine, I'm a homebody in the best of times, and so far so good.  I have to confess though, the other night I had been on the internet too much and read too many sad stories, and stories that made me angry, and I started to cry. Guys this old woman wanted her mom, silly I know. The thing is my mom would comfort me and give me a dose of her good sense, and I miss that so much.  I'm glad she is not here to see this, but I would give anything to talk like we used to. 😢

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

@SharkE You just made my day with your story.  I laughed really hard and feel so much better. Thank you!!!

Honored Contributor

I'm not enjoying it, and as yet haven't been very productive.  However, I try not to dwell on things, because I'm afraid that we have many more weeks ahead of us to face.  Mostly, I miss my senior fit exercise classes.  This is on time in my life that I don't much care for living alone.

Honored Contributor

I never get tired of doing what I can to live a longer and healthier life.  This is life and death for me. 

Super Contributor

I am fine staying at home.  In South Jersey, 68 and do stay in a lot during winter flu season.  One of my friends reminded many of us about Ann Frank.  I think of that and I am fine.

Respected Contributor

I too love staying home....favorite place to be. I have a friend with memory issues. She doesn’t remember social distancing or why we’re doing it. She came over and banged on my door and went into a tirade about “ why aren’t we getting together and doing things..I’m bored”

I remind her about the virus and staying home , but it goes in one ear and out the other. ...sigh...She tells me she went in to a store and they told her she had to leave because she was coughing. It may be that her husband needs to take the car keys from her for now. I don’t even think she should be driving because her memory is getting worse. 😢 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

This is getting to me ,   not going out,seeing people, grocery shopping,  yes i guess my nerves are not good the past few days, i know ,i know , we have to ,but just saying.

I am a total people person.  So I have been talking to friends on the phone.  I love TV so there is always something to watch.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

DH & I are still going to work every day (only 4 of us here, so not really a problem). I didn't have any scheduled appointments, and don't for a couple of months. We don't socialize much anyway, no real difference there.

The only thing I'm really missing is being able to go to church. I also have a dear friend having surgery for breast cancer next week, and I hate that I can't go see her. Even when she's home, I don't think it's a good idea.

Anyway, not much has changed in my life in regards to contact with people.