Respected Contributor

Re: Who is One Person You Admire?

@Lakelife62   Let's not forget Adam Kinzinger too.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Liz Cheney for me.  It took guts to stand by her principals in Wyoming (of all places)  You won't see a lot or any male politicians do what she did.  She has ethics.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@eadu4 wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud   I don't admire TV personalities, or celebrities or pop culture people.  I admired my late father.  He was a man of honesty and integrity.  He stepped in as father to many people when they needed help. He took care of my mother through end stage dementia for 10 years until they died 6 days apart in their 90s.  

There are people through out history who have invented impressive things but those are just things. Some of them if you actually look at who they were as a person they were/are not that nice.  I admire the everyday people you hear about that step up and do the extraordinary.  The people you read about that do the right thing even to the point of sacrificing themselves.  Politicians are a dime dozen.  Celebrities come and go in popularity.  But the everyday person who has heart, and does the impossible I admire those people. Because just when I start losing faith in humanity, I read a story about someone like that, and it fills my heart with hope.   

I AGREE 100% with ALL of your choices. Your answer is the BEST post on this thread. One thing I would add is that I admire ALL who rescue animals and have facilities for them.

Honored Contributor

@DSD2 wrote:

Lee Asher, who quit his corporate job to save animals.

He founded the Asher House and filled it with abused, unwanted and unloved dogs. He also rescues farm animals, horses and cats.

What is truly amazing that all the dogs walk the property filled with soft grass and streams; together. The harmonious pack expands daily but all are accepting of each other.

He is so kind and gentle and showers each new arrival with attention and love.

There are angels among us and he is definitely one. 

@DSD2  - I'm a big Lee Asher fan and I follow him on Facebook and IG.  He is truly an amazing person and has a sincere and deep love for animals. 

I admire him so and love his videos!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Fani Willis.

Respected Contributor

I admire my parents. My dad had a dead beat father. So Dad sold 2 kinds of newspapers starting at age 9 to support his mom and younger siblings. He quit HS to fight in WWII and sent every paycheck home to his mother. My parents were young when they married but they were devoted to each other for 68 years. They suffered the death of my brother as a toddler and instead of becoming bitter, they took a foster child into our home to help that child's father take care of his dying wife.

Once all of us were grown, my parents volunteered for several community organizations and nationally as Red Cross disaster relief workers. When Mom got dementia Dad kept her home with him until her condition became so severe that she had to be admitted into a nursing home. Then he went into the home to be with her until the end.

Esteemed Contributor

I admire Donald Trump.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Frequent Contributor

Donald Trump and Elon Musk

Trusted Contributor

The first two people I thought of immediately were Pope Francis and the chef Jose Andres.

Honored Contributor

I'll have to think on this one.  At the moment, no one comes to mind, then I think, there's probably many.