Respected Contributor

Who is One Person You Admire?

[ Edited ]

I've never met him in person but there's a blogger I came across a few years ago that is very smart, knowledgable and generous. So glad there are people like him that make a positive difference in this world.

Honored Contributor

Re: Who is One Person You Admire?

[ Edited ]

I do think jimmy carter,and his sweet wife are to be admired, sad she is gone,he will be also soon,and there was a preacher ,i admired that also has passed Dr. Charles Stanley.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Do you know the name of the blogger you are describing?  He sounds like someone I would benefit from reading.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me it would be Saskia Chiesa the Founder and Director of the Los Angeles Guinea Pig Rescue.  She and her husband, Gabe, run the largest guinea pig rescue in the country.  

In an average year they rescue, rehabilitate and rehome as many as 2,000 guinea pigs.  Many of which were abandoned in parks, along streets and found in garbage dumpsters.  

Along with the guinea pigs they also rescue and rehome thoroughbred horses.  

She has the biggest heart and the kindest manner you could ever find.  I had the pleasure of meeting her and I can say she is exactly the same in person as you see on her Youtube channel.  

Respected Contributor

Dr. James Dobson, founder of Focus on the Family.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Trusted Contributor

Cheryl Mercado Arnedt has a great anti-racism IG page that I follow. Her work is very difficult, but so necessary. She is fighting the good fight and I admire her very much.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Respected Contributor

Rachel Maddow...She is extremely knowledgeable when putting stories together to take you back in history to explain why things are happening as they are.

I always come away from her show knowing more.

“You have to accept whatever comes, and the only important thing is that you meet it with the best you have to give.”- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Lee Asher, who quit his corporate job to save animals.

He founded the Asher House and filled it with abused, unwanted and unloved dogs. He also rescues farm animals, horses and cats.

What is truly amazing that all the dogs walk the property filled with soft grass and streams; together. The harmonious pack expands daily but all are accepting of each other.

He is so kind and gentle and showers each new arrival with attention and love.

There are angels among us and he is definitely one. 

Honored Contributor

Actually, I admire me, but I have to remind myself of that sometimes.

It's been a rough several years, but so far, I've survived 100% of my most difficult days.  How great is that.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh 

I admire you too!  You endured a great loss that changed your life forever; during the grieving process you pushed yourself forward by emptying the home you shared with your husband, building a new home, selling the old home and making hard decisions about letting go of tons of personal items.  

You have shown Wonder Woman strength these last few years on your own; no bracelets, no lasso, just straight determination and a gutsiness to keep living a good life.  You have persevered thru the toughest storm of your life, and should admire yourself for where you are today.  The sharing of your journey will certainly be of help to many of us in time.