Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who here has NOT “stocked up”

we have always been preppers and were already stocked up on most items .  Especially TP, gloves, wipes, hand sanitizer , Clorox wipes and a lot of can food and cat food.    We have added some when we go to the grocery store , but are not going crazy .   People really need to stop all the hoarding ,  I realize it's human nature to panic ,  but everyone  needs  food supplies etc.  please leave some for others it's the right thing to do .  We will all get through this together , it will pass as all things do 😺

Honored Contributor

Just DH and me.  Shopping as usual.  We have 5 rolls of tp which should last us several weeks so no concern here.  Have had no problem getting our usual stuff.

Respected Contributor

Nope, haven't stocked up on any of the necessities. We shop at BJ's and Costco and have a good supply already. We don't normally use hand sanitizer. The large bottle we have is over 6 months old. Don't know if it is good or not. We have a large box latex gloves and a few masks because when my daughter was younger, she needed weekly injections. Packages are open so can't be donated. so we use them around the house.

TP is in good supply, bleach I use only for laundry,  Lysol wipes are only for cleaning the bathroom.  I made up a box of cleaning/disinfecting items and sent them to my daughters to use with the extras we have. Not panic buying or stocking up. Have everything we need.  Can get eggs and meats, at least 4 chicken farms in town along with a few butcher shops.  We bake regularly so don't have to worry about breads. Purchase flours and sugars in large sizes from BJ's.  So we are set. Shopping as usual.

Honored Contributor

I have a good supply of toilet, kleenex, napking and paper towels.  I always buy Clorox wipes.  I haven't bought hand sanitizer because I don't use it.  I have some in the car, but I prefer Wet Ones wipes. 

The stores are not well stocked.  I cannot wait until I get down to a  low supply of anything, and I don't want to go to multiple stores to find things.  Hopefully, I can just order and pick up what I need. 

Trusted Contributor

Just reading online where people are posting pleas for any help in locating TP and other essentials.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

I can't say I have stocked up, beause many things around here, as probably every where,  you can't even find!  I always try to keep one extra of paper products, because I hate to run out.  You never know if something will happen -- sickness, car breaking down, or whatever! But since all of this happening -- you're lucky if you can find enough to just get by -- let alone stocking up!  

I just can't understanding this hoarding thing though.  It's a very selfish and ridiculous attitude.  Stores should have posted at the beginning restrictions such as to amounts of things -- for instance - only 1-2 toilet tissue, etc.  Our stores are just now doing that.  It's very tiresome to have to go to 5-6 stores and not find any of that sort of thing when you really need it! 

We have not the space or money for a bunch of extra stuff and don't see the point of it.  Plus, as I said, it's a selfish thing really to hoard and stock pile ---- everyone is in the same boat --- and everyone needs to be able to buy things right now!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Just DH and me.  Shopping as usual.  We have 5 rolls of tp which should last us several weeks so no concern here.  Have had no problem getting our usual stuff.

@kaydee50  Five rolls will last you guys several weeks?! And, you have No problems finding essential items?! Where pray tell do you live that you haven't been affected with the shortages that the rest of the nation is experiencing?! I'm not asking you for any personal information, but you're the first person I've heard of that isn't having a problem with finding things. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last Friday in Walmart they had just a few 12 pack double rolls of toilet paper.  I still had four rolls at home but decided finally to get extra.  I had passed it by the weekend before for others since I did not need it.  Other than that nothing other than regular things that I do need any given week of the any year.  I do only have 8 eggs left right now so if I see some I will grab them for sure.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Storage space isn't an issue, so I have enough on hand. Didn't change my shopping habits. My 6 cubic foot freezer is packed because I just got a Schwans home delivery. I have to get to a convenience store every week for milk.

Trusted Contributor

We are a family of 6 so many may look at my normal shopping trip as stocking up.  I bought 5 loaves of bread on Friday and felt like I needed to justify it as it will only last a week anyway.  

At Thanksgiving and Christmas we stock up on turkeys and hams for the freezer which we eat all year.  Thankfully I have a decently stocked freezer because finding meat in the grocery store is difficult.

I haven't figured out the TP shortage yet.  Why do people all of a sudden need so much????? I buy 1 package from Costco or Sams and it lasts my family a month or 2.