Respected Contributor

Re: Who has seen the production 'Book of Mormon'?

Did not like the show at all.  I felt some parts were very crass and a sad comment on society.  I nearly walked out and for me that is rare.  

Respected Contributor

Thought it was hysterical!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I saw it in LA and loved it!

Respected Contributor

I saw Book of Mormon a few years ago. I was underwhelmed by the first act and couldn't understand what the hype was. They made up for it in the second act and I ended up really enjoying the show. I saw To Kill a Mockingbird on Broadway a week or so ago and it was PHENOMENAL!!!!!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Contributor

Saw it in Chicago and had such high hopes based on the reviews and the ticket prices. It was too crass and vulgar for me. I just figured people pay so much to see it they don’t want to admit it’s bad. I didn’t enjoy it at all and was wondering why others found the “jokes” so funny.

Respected Contributor

I saw the Book of Mormon about a year ago and it was not my favorite.  There were parts that I thought were funny but other parts where the adult humor became boring for me.  I guess I’m one of the odd men out as far as this stage production goes. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is this production poking fun/parody of the beliefs of Church of Jeus Christ of Latter Day Saints?

While I am not of that faith, I might find it offensive to enjoy 'entertainment' at the expense of anothers' religious beliefs.

I lived in Utah and have known many LDS over the years. The people I encountered were funny, hard-working, sober (so am I, btw), devout to faith, family and country. I was always treated kindly by any LDS I met.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherib wrote:

Saw it in Chicago and had such high hopes based on the reviews and the ticket prices. It was too crass and vulgar for me. I just figured people pay so much to see it they don’t want to admit it’s bad. I didn’t enjoy it at all and was wondering why others found the “jokes” so funny.

---

I loved it, but I  accept and love your rationalization for those who paid high prices and are reluctant to admit they felt ripped off.

Honored Contributor

I have listened to the music on my t.v. Music station. It is a great music composed for the that play.

Esteemed Contributor

@judy0330  That's why I asked about the audience when people attended. I've also heard some entire audiences react negatively. While our audience was completely positve (which certainly helped sway us in that direction). 

Money screams; wealth whispers.