Frequent Contributor

Re: Who else loves to wrap gifts?

Love to wrap! And... I am OCD about it. The tag has to match or coordinate w/the paper. If the gift is for a male, the paper has to be masculine. If it is for a child, it has to be Santa or snowmen or something I think a child would like. Of course, the recipient probably doesn't care - especially the kids - so I guess I'm doing it for myself - lol.

Esteemed Contributor

I like to wrap but I am not very good at it. lol.

I remember my Nanna wrapping in the 60s and 70s. She used to line up the print on the wrapping paper to match exactly and would not overlap the designs. Not me..lol.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

I enjoy wrapping gifts.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to love it but my back can hardly take it anymore. I've tried different places to see if one is more comfortable than the other but no such luck.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/20/2014 shoptilyadropagain said:

I used to love it but my back can hardly take it anymore. I've tried different places to see if one is more comfortable than the other but no such luck.

I hear you. I used to be able to sit on the floor, but no more. I have a long dining room table that works well and if I stand it's even better.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Valued Contributor

On 11/20/2014 twopeas said:
On 11/20/2014 shoptilyadropagain said:

I hear you. I used to be able to sit on the floor, but no more. I have a long dining room table that works well and if I stand it's even better.

I used to be able to sit in the floor, too, but no more for me either. I'm like you. I sit or stand at my dining room table to wrap now. I always think my wrapping looks good until I see the gifts my sister wraps. Hers are gorgeous.

Super Contributor

Nope, I am not a wrapper. I am not creative, and don't have the patience to make it look pretty. I made note of everyone who said above that they like to wrap, and will be dropping my gifts and paper and bows off to you, lol.
Frequent Contributor

On 11/20/2014 Lynnj said: Nope, I am not a wrapper. I am not creative, and don't have the patience to make it look pretty. I made note of everyone who said above that they like to wrap, and will be dropping my gifts and paper and bows off to you, lol.

Bring 'em on over. A few drinks and I'll have you wrapping like a pro - lol!

Super Contributor

On 11/20/2014 jazzybelle said:
On 11/20/2014 Lynnj said: Nope, I am not a wrapper. I am not creative, and don't have the patience to make it look pretty. I made note of everyone who said above that they like to wrap, and will be dropping my gifts and paper and bows off to you, lol.

Bring 'em on over. A few drinks and I'll have you wrapping like a pro - lol!

Lol. That may be my problem....sober when trying to wrap.
Respected Contributor

Yes, I love to wrap presents. Maybe just as much as I love to open them lol. I like having everything look just right and seeing wrapped presents under the tree.