Honored Contributor

Re: Who else hates Amazon since they started using their own delivery drivers?

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

I dont shop Amazon for a variety of reasons---but what I have to share is something I found very interesting.... I DO order from Ebay and Etsy....and one time I got an email informing me that my order would be delivered by Amazon that day---I had no AMAZON order so I called both Amazon and emailed the Ebay vendor---come to find out some Ebay vendors use Amazon for delivery!!!!  I will say the delivery was super fast and even arrived ahead of schedule! WHO KNEW 🤷‍♀️ We do have a nearby Amazon Facility and they are building another in the city limits...

It also looks like Amazon has borrowed a practice from USPS you can instruct them to leave packages at your front door, BUT USPS can also decide whether to honor the front door delivery or NOT---

I live in a condo community and our secure package mail center closed since covid began and if USPS doesnt want to deliver to my front door, they dont have to---So USPS started using these old lockers located near our outside central community  mailboxes but our COA instructed USPS not use them since they were so easily broken into to, but they started using them anyway! ....I filed a complaint and apparently the delivery companies were notified not to use the lockers, so now they either CRAM a package into my regular mailbox, OR deliver it to my front door...Now I know when the Holiday shopping season starts there wont be any front door deliveries, since they will be overwhelmed ..so I dont order things online and try to shop in person in local stores during the Holidays.....

@Spurt  Before all is said and done, Covid will have been used as an ongoing excuse for everything. I think we have all been sensitive to necessary changes in routine brought about because of the pandemic, but at some point, the excuse will no longer ring true... Our concierge service has gone kaput and unless I miss my bet, we'll never see it return.

Our very capable and considerate USPS worker retired last spring and the new worker almost never delivers anything to unit doors. Despite management putting up signs in the lobby that delivery persons must deliver to unit doors, USPS almost never does, Fedex usually does, as usually does UPS. Amazon has been a mixed bag and increasingly they're leaving things in the lobby or elsewhere, as I already noted. Incidentally, I do occasionally shop Ebay, but no longer Etsy, having had a bad experience with one of the vendors.

@stevieb 

Yep, your right, the Covid excuse will live on for all eternity!!!  I have a feeling the gals that worked in our Package Center got tired of dealing with the HUGE and HEAVY packages---and started to complain---One shared with me one time they got things like 65 inch TV's, computers and monitors, boxes from Wayfair--which was unassembled furniture, artificial Christmas trees etc etc....and the delivery guys just "dumped" them in the center of the room, and the COA gals had to put them in the back room.......But it looks like they may have talked themselves out of a job, and Covid provided the excuse...And the delivery companies will simply make customers go to their stores to pick up packages instead whether it be USPS, FED EX or UPS ....

Or we hear those in the community that dont want to go back to work and they give the excuse of "child care is a problem"----what did they do about that BEFORE Covid, the daycares in my town have all re-opened and they aren't requiring kids to be vaccinated either!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

I prefer their drivers. They do a great job for me. I like getting a picture showing they put it on the right porch. Every once in a great while, I can see that they put it on my neighbor's porch accidentally and I just go over and get it. At least I can see which porch it is. With other services, if I dont see my package after it was delivered I have no visual clues about where it might be.

I also love that I can leave them positive feedback. I think that if you do that, you get better service because the driver knows they can get a good stat on their record whenever they deliver to your house.

Getting a package later in the evening doesn't phase me at all, though they almost always seem to arrive in the late morning or afternoon. Not sure what the objection would be to that.

@Porcelain  according to where they leave the package, I don't recognize the area. If it's on the mat, yes I recognize it from the picture.

Yesterday it was left by a flowerpot on the porch. Didn't recognize it from the picture so for sure I thought they had made a mistake. Whose flowerpot is that? Of course it was our flowerpot. Now I know. Our deliveries are always left on the mat.

One time I looked at the picture and thought, "Wow look at all the dead bugs on that person's porch! Gross!" Then I remembered/realized it was mine. So I went and cleaned it. lol

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

I prefer their drivers. They do a great job for me. I like getting a picture showing they put it on the right porch. Every once in a great while, I can see that they put it on my neighbor's porch accidentally and I just go over and get it. At least I can see which porch it is. With other services, if I dont see my package after it was delivered I have no visual clues about where it might be.

I also love that I can leave them positive feedback. I think that if you do that, you get better service because the driver knows they can get a good stat on their record whenever they deliver to your house.

Getting a package later in the evening doesn't phase me at all, though they almost always seem to arrive in the late morning or afternoon. Not sure what the objection would be to that.

@Porcelain  according to where they leave the package, I don't recognize the area. If it's on the mat, yes I recognize it from the picture.

Yesterday it was left by a flowerpot on the porch. Didn't recognize it from the picture so for sure I thought they had made a mistake. Whose flowerpot is that? Of course it was our flowerpot. Now I know. Our deliveries are always left on the mat.

One time I looked at the picture and thought, "Wow look at all the dead bugs on that person's porch! Gross!" Then I remembered/realized it was mine. So I went and cleaned it. l

@Porcelain  you really made me LAUGH OUT LOUD. That's funny!!

Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

I don't have Amazon Prime, but even with regular delivery I always get my packages by the next day or within two days, tops. I think it's great that they have their own drivers and fullfillment points in so many locations. More large retailers like Walmart or even the Q should follow Amazon's example.

Q should follow the example of the lowly snail would be faster.

Respected Contributor

My street is undergoing complete water and sewer line replacements. A six week project. Lots of heavy machinery and holes dug to China, with loads of dirt, concrete and rocks. A nightmare, but that's another story. 

Keeping with the thread, just today, I was watching the workers and noted a Prime van had parked on a street leading to mine. The driver exited hiking several homes past mine, through some messed up road, carrying a large package.

He had been unable to get through with his van, so he took off on foot. I'd be willing to bet that UPS or FedEx would have said --  road closure, no delivery today. 

Honored Contributor

The best thing Amazon ever did, was start their own delivery service.  

I don't care that they don't deliver before 10 am.  They get my packages to me on the expected day.  

Esteemed Contributor

I love Amazon and can't really find any fault. I mentioned before in a different Thread that sometimes I feel guilty when they would tell me to keep the purchase and still credit my account. I would ask why if I'm speaking to someone on the phone and they would say because you have been a Prime Customer from the begining or something like that.

Super Contributor

I have nothing but love for the Amazon delivery people.  They deliver my packages to me somewhat immediately and as instructed.  What else can you ask for?  The same cannot be said for UPS and USPS.

Honored Contributor

I check the order periodically online-once they are near your home there is a display showing how many stops before yours. 

I think I said this upthread already but orders always say "Delivery by 10 p.m." but ours show up early afternoon.

I think they say that so people will not think the delivery didn't happen.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@savetheanimals 

That must be a local decision. Here they start @ 6 am and go to 8 pm and maybe 10pm if the driver is running behind. They always email me if they are coming late.