Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who else hates Amazon since they started using their own delivery drivers?

I love Amazon. Deliveries are on time and look forward to tracking the trucks once the package is out for delivery. 4 more stops, 3 more stops, I love that and then love to see the picture once it's at my door.

Trusted Contributor

I Love Amazon prime and have never had a problem.  I generally get most of my stuff early afternoon.  Maybe they are short staffed.  

Contributor

Hate is a very strong word to use.  We should all feel somewhat fortunate to receive orders in a manner that they do really show up.  In these times of supply chain holdups, lack of truck drivers, and theft problems and the port container problems, being grateful for receiving is what we should feel.  It is your choice to live out in the country.....

Respected Contributor

I've not had problems with Amazon delivery. Deliveries are speedy and generally arrive early afternoon, or before five. Prime vans are routinely seen in my subdivision.

I'm sure it depends on location and other factors, including driver availability. I can see why late evening, or night deliveries, would not work for many. I wouldn't care for that either. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've only seen one truck in my town and my deliveries are still coming to me the old fashioned way. However, I have stopped ordering certain items from them...clothing and cosmetics. I do not trust their quality at all. Just about everything is made overseas without quality control. I trust none of their reviews anymore. There are plenty of reputable websites. It's ironic that the current American billionaires seem to be cut from the same cloth as the robber barons of yore.

Esteemed Contributor

I order everything from Amazon. The delivery service has  changed over the years. I liked the company using UPS or the USPS better, but  am amazed how I can get some items in a day. 

Esteemed Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

We boycott Amazon so, no dog in this race. That said, I thought they had always used their own drivers? Sometimes in blue Amazon trucks, sometimes not. We see them all over the place wherever we are so....

@FiddleDeeDee 

I have had Amazon prime for years with no complaint, but perhaps it depends upon where you live. 

Amazon does have their own drivers, but they also have contractors who will deliver with their  personal vehicles. I think this is what the OP is speaking of. 

Honored Contributor

It’s a moot complaint imo because I regularly get mail and UPS after 6pm. UPS is often after 8 pm.

I promise you Amazon drivers start work before 10AM.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

I dont shop Amazon for a variety of reasons---but what I have to share is something I found very interesting.... I DO order from Ebay and Etsy....and one time I got an email informing me that my order would be delivered by Amazon that day---I had no AMAZON order so I called both Amazon and emailed the Ebay vendor---come to find out some Ebay vendors use Amazon for delivery!!!!  I will say the delivery was super fast and even arrived ahead of schedule! WHO KNEW 🤷‍♀️ We do have a nearby Amazon Facility and they are building another in the city limits...

It also looks like Amazon has borrowed a practice from USPS you can instruct them to leave packages at your front door, BUT USPS can also decide whether to honor the front door delivery or NOT---

I live in a condo community and our secure package mail center closed since covid began and if USPS doesnt want to deliver to my front door, they dont have to---So USPS started using these old lockers located near our outside central community  mailboxes but our COA instructed USPS not use them since they were so easily broken into to, but they started using them anyway! ....I filed a complaint and apparently the delivery companies were notified not to use the lockers, so now they either CRAM a package into my regular mailbox, OR deliver it to my front door...Now I know when the Holiday shopping season starts there wont be any front door deliveries, since they will be overwhelmed ..so I dont order things online and try to shop in person in local stores during the Holidays.....

@Spurt  Before all is said and done, Covid will have been used as an ongoing excuse for everything. I think we have all been sensitive to necessary changes in routine brought about because of the pandemic, but at some point, the excuse will no longer ring true... Our concierge service has gone kaput and unless I miss my bet, we'll never see it return.

Our very capable and considerate USPS worker retired last spring and the new worker almost never delivers anything to unit doors. Despite management putting up signs in the lobby that delivery persons must deliver to unit doors, USPS almost never does, Fedex usually does, as usually does UPS. Amazon has been a mixed bag and increasingly they're leaving things in the lobby or elsewhere, as I already noted. Incidentally, I do occasionally shop Ebay, but no longer Etsy, having had a bad experience with one of the vendors.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I order from Amazon all the time.  Lots.  Absolutely no complaints from me.

As for a 10:00 AM start, I hardly think they're sitting around drinking coffee and sauntering out to their trucks at 10 on the dot.  Those warehouses are humming.  When I track, sometimes it will show that the warehouse received the item at like 2 in the morning and at 8:35 AM its showing out for delivery.  One can't expect more than that.

I live in a large suburb of Atlanta though and we do have a warehouse here, so maybe that speeds things up in our area.  But not every item I order is already in place in this warehouse. Comes from all over and then has to be sorted, boxed and put on trucks.  I think that, for the most part, they do a stellar job. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?