Frequent Contributor

Who else hates Amazon since they started using their own delivery drivers?

I used to buy alot from Amazon but as soon as they switched to using their own delivery system, I rarely buy anything. First thing that I think is very strange is the delivery people do not start delivering until 10:00 am. If you ever check their tracking it says it every time. No wonder they have to make deliveries so late. They should start working right away in the morning, nobody wants a delivery at 10:00 pm. I live out in the country and no way do I want a delivery at 9:00 or 10:00 pm. I hate that they made that change and barely ever order from them now.  I understand all delivery places are short handed and busy, but that is no excuse to start the day at 10:00 am. Just don't understand that. One other thing, if you are having an item delivered to a business, they ask what the hours are and what days they are open, holidays, etc. So you put in the information, but yet they must not look at it or care and still get it wrong. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who else hates Amazon since they started using their own delivery drivers?

Sorry it's inconvenient for you.  I love it. 

We live close to a fulfulment center and can get an order the same day!

They are in out community every day.  Next day delivery is the norm.  Works for me.

Honored Contributor

@savetheanimals

I haven't had your experience,  Amazon Prime is responsive and quick to deliver,  I'm sorry you are having challenges with your service.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I won't say I hate them but will say I'm not ordering from them nearly as much since their delivery personnel stopped paying attention to delivery instructions and the company, despite their claims to want to be so very customer-centric, seem to have sanctioned them doing so. They ask you to state delivery preferences and then go on to say, essentially, but drivers might not follow them. So why ask for them? I also think Amazon has overextended some services so that what used to be reliable and easy to use no longer consistently is either. I understand staffing is a problem all over and supply chain issues are involved but my interest is in the level of service delivery, not the reasons why or why not. As far as I'm concerned, all this nonsense has gone on for too long. Oh, and incidentally, I live just outside Amazon's new east coast headquarters and my experience, and that of many, is not the stellar one so many here seem so smugly to like to report.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

While I have seen some Amazon delivery drivers around, everything I have gotten from them lately has come USPS or maybe one of the big shipping companies.  I know my mail person sometimes does package deliveries and then does the mail delivery.  I noticed her in my heighborhoood earlier than her normal mail delivery time and she yelled to me that she was delivering packages and would be back later with the mail. 

Honored Contributor

It's a mixed bag for me.  Orders often say delivery by 10PM, but that changes as the order progresses during the day.  I have had an occasional late night delivery, but mostly my deliveries come much earlier.

Trusted Contributor

I don't have Amazon Prime, but even with regular delivery I always get my packages by the next day or within two days, tops. I think it's great that they have their own drivers and fullfillment points in so many locations. More large retailers like Walmart or even the Q should follow Amazon's example.

Honored Contributor

I would never have anything delivered to my office again from Amazon because of their late deliveries.  A few months back I had an item sent to my office because I didn't want it left on my porch.  Our office closes at 5:00 and the first time they attempted delivery at nearly 9:00 p.m. and the second time it was after 7:00 p.m.  They finally must have looked at the hours I submitted and the third time was the charm.

The last couple of my deliveries have been via FedEx to my house and I generally have my orders there by 3:00. The only time they deliver late to my house is during the holiday season.

I would think for safety purposes, they'd be better off sending the drivers out no later than 8:00 a.m. so they aren't delivering so late.   

Esteemed Contributor

It must vary with location...

I don't have any issues at all and prefer Amazon to USPS and UPS

Honored Contributor

I live in an area that is full of Amazon warehouses.  I know  people who work there.

I can tell you that Amazon extracts a full pound of flesh from all of it's workers.  Those people work hard and if they can't keep up, they are let go.

I do not mind if I get my packages later at night, or if I have to wait another day because of a delay.  I sincerely appreciate those workers and have no complaints.